Maps Cranleigh & RHD Citaro (1 Viewer)

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.png

For the last few weeks, Rob and I have been working on a joint project called Southern Counties. This consists of combining parts of Bullington and Project Southern together. And various intercity and local routes.

Currently the map is going to be planned as a network style map. This means it will take longer compared to most maps so it won't be in a completed state till late next year. However at the end there will be more routes that you will be able to enjoy.

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.jpeg

Ashfield
P+R - P1 - Ashfield Town Centre to Adlington Water [Park and Ride]
P+R - P4 - Ashfield Town Centre to Thornbeck [Park and Ride]
10 - Ashfield Town Centre - Merton Circular. [Oneway - Mon - Fri]
Moreover 2 additional routes within Ashfield when we come up a plan for them

Bullington
R1 - Southdown Heath - Bullington Town Centre - Bullington District Hospital
R5 - Bullington Town Centre - Lavington
PR3 - Westford P&R - Bullington Town Centre

Intercity Services
475 - Bullington - Ashfield via Ford [Stagecoach]
415 - Petersfield - Hawthorns Castle - Bullington
355 - Ashfield - Crawley
700 - Bullington - Ashfield - Crawley [Southern Falcon]

Current Developments

Currently were are working within Ashfield which was the starting town for Project Southern. Recently we destroyed the town centre for the 4th time and rebuilt it and here is some of screenshots of the town centre.

Looking towards the High road and Merton Centre.

Ashfield Bus Station

The Bus stands at Ashfield Bus Station.

Town Centre [Otherwise known as Dogey council Crossing]

The Watertower

Looking at High Street Ashfield and Ashfield Old Church.

The next post will be by robertharris and he will be explaining what he's done as well as what we are going to be working on next.

Last edited by a moderator:

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
If we knew the measurements of building heights from Blender / Max etc to OMSI, there would be no need to use inaccessible objects.

It would be helpful if we knew that then we could all build our own spaces.

I do think as a community that knowledge would help but again, the experts let us down in this regard. If i knew id help Onionwolf

Advertisement

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
View attachment 36108

Hello again, Well over the past few weeks I've been working on Cranleigh and I've made some improvements to the routes that already completed and made progress with other parts of the map. It's still a work in progress so it doesn't represent the final product.

University
So the university needed more work than expected. It was done then I thought the area could be improved so it was undone etc. Anyway, long story short the university is almost done with a few more improvements needed to the road layout to the East of the university. However, the U1 U2 and N10 are now in its
final stages. It should take half a day to finish up. But in the meantime enjoy the screenshots. View attachment 36114
View attachment 36112
View attachment 36110
View attachment 36111

Herefield/Herefield High Street

Herefield also had some work done. With the northside of Herefield completed.

View attachment 36120
View attachment 36119
View attachment 36121
View attachment 36118
View attachment 36130

Compton Road
I've also made some minor changes to some existing areas of the maps. Which includes adding some objects from my upcoming asset pack.

View attachment 36123

Burnham

The terminus of the U2 and N10 is Burnham Retail Park. The U2 connects the main university campuses with some of the uni accommodations and Burnham retail park.
View attachment 36117
View attachment 36115View attachment 36116

FAQ Updated

Q: When will Cranleigh be released.
A: I am aiming for a christmas release (Don't quote me on this) but it's certainly on track for a Christmas release.

Q: Will the Citaro be included with Cranleigh
A: Who Knows Maybe :P

Q: How many routes will be included with the Final Version of Cranleigh
A: 4/5

Q: When the next update on the Citaro.
A: Soon.

Final words

There's not much left that needs to be done and I'm hoping to start pathing and adding timetables to the route shortly. Additionally, beta testing should be starting soon once the 23a (Which is the route I am currently working on) is finished and the 424 is almost complete. After that hopefully, release by Christmas. Also look out for some preview videos very soon.
I Know I'm Gonna Put Speed Bumps Everywhere mwuaahahahahaaa, good job, u should be proud of yourself

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016

Since my previous update I have made up a lot of ground and Cranleigh is almost ready for release. There's still some polishing that is needed to be done before release. Hopefully, by next week beta testing should be done.

First of all, there are some last minute route changes
17 - Royal Surrey Hosptial - Herefield Station via Cranleigh College and Shepherds Ln
17a - Cranleigh College - Downfleet Via Shepherds Ln
18 - Cranleigh High Street - Downfleet via Here Via Harestock Estate and Blackhorse Lane

The 17 has been extended as far a Royal Surrey Hospital which is located south of the city centre. Another change is the 17 will now stick to main roads rather than divert through a housing estate.
The 18 is a brand new route which replaces parts of the original 17 route however is a route that goes through an estate before diverting on its own separate route to Downfleet.

Also been working on some of the miscellaneous stuff such as tickets, documentation, config files etc. Also, the main chronos are now complete. So now if you change the date between 2016 and 2019 you will notice some changes in Cranleigh such as repaints going from Cranleigh Konnections to Cranleigh City as well as changes to the ticket-pack and ticket prices and other miscellaneous stuff. In addition, I've started working on a bus rally chronos and maybe some road works that are dotted around the map.

I've also created a new ticket-pack for Cranleigh now if you leave ticket selling and use keyboard shortcuts rather than using the actual ticket machine. Instead of default tickets, you will now get this printed ticket.

And finally is the release date. It's sometime towards the end of this month (but there's a likely chance it might be early July)

And now for the screenshots.

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-06-06-661.png

Latymer School

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-09-53-375.png

Shepherds Ln

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-19-33-810.png

Downfleet (18 Terminus Point)

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-25-56-087.png

University which had a revamp. There's some more detail work needed

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-27-21-396.png

Cranleigh College

Omsi 2019-06-03 19-48-45-814.png

Downfleet Depot - Which also had a revamp.
Omsi 2019-06-03 19-18-31-104.png

The Turnpike

And finally the release date. It will be sometime this month however there is a chance that it will be pushed back to July.​

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

Since my previous update I have made up a lot of ground and Cranleigh is almost ready for release. There's still some polishing that is needed to be done before release. Hopefully, by next week beta testing should be done.

17 - Royal Surrey Hosptial - Herefield Station via Cranleigh College and Shepherds Ln
18 - Cranleigh High Street - Downfleet via Here Via Harestock Estate and Blackhorse Lane

The 17 has been extended as far a Royal Surrey Hospital which is located south of the city centre. Another change is the 17 will now stick to main roads rather than divert through a housing estate.
The 18 is a brand new route which replaces parts of the original 17 route however is a route that goes through an estate before diverting on its own separate route to Downfleet.

Also been working on some of the miscellaneous stuff such as tickets, documentation, config files etc. Also, the main chronos are now complete. So now if you change the date between 2016 and 2019 you will notice some changes in Cranleigh such as repaints going from Cranleigh Konnections to Cranleigh City as well as changes to the ticket-pack and ticket prices and other miscellaneous stuff. In addition, I've started working on a bus rally chronos and maybe some road works that are dotted around the map.
View attachment 46925

I've also created a new ticket-pack for Cranleigh now if you leave ticket selling and use keyboard shortcuts rather than using the actual ticket machine. Instead of default tickets, you will now get this printed ticket.

And finally is the release date. It's sometime towards the end of this month (but there's a likely chance it might be early July)

View attachment 46906
Latymer School

View attachment 46907
Shepherds Ln

View attachment 46909

View attachment 46910

View attachment 46911
Cranleigh College

View attachment 46912
View attachment 46908
The Turnpike

And finally the release date. It will be sometime this month however there is a chance that it will be pushed back to July.​
The whole post is just so so so so so so so amazing! From top to bottom, head to foot.
Every little bit of it is awesome. So so awesome. I can't say it enough. And realistic!
Every bit of it, from the models to the textures, to the buses' reskins. Every little crumb of this map is looking far beyond promising.
And non-Hamburg requirebility! Amazing, even if it's after the release!
And on a final note: I wish to say great job to you Onionwolf, and congratulations in succeeding in creating such a masterpiece of a map.
Thanks for all the time, patience and effort you've invested into it, I really appreciate it.
Have an amazing day!

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them

View attachment 46925

View attachment 46906
Latymer School

View attachment 46907
Shepherds Ln

View attachment 46909

View attachment 46910

View attachment 46911
Cranleigh College

View attachment 46912
View attachment 46908
The Turnpike

Whoah! That is just... <3
I love it!!!!
Keep up the great work! :D

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 46925

View attachment 46906
Latymer School

View attachment 46907
Shepherds Ln

View attachment 46909

View attachment 46910

View attachment 46911
Cranleigh College

View attachment 46912
View attachment 46908
The Turnpike

You've done a tremendous job on this map, and I certainly can't wait to use it!

Advertisement

Mark Doods Dooley

Blackwood Plant Hire
Banned Member
Jun 14, 2019
Port Glasgow
blackwoodplanthire.co.uk

View attachment 46925

View attachment 46906
Latymer School

View attachment 46907
Shepherds Ln

View attachment 46909

View attachment 46910

View attachment 46911
Cranleigh College

View attachment 46912
View attachment 46908
The Turnpike

Can't wait! I'm guessing the RHD Citaro might come out this month or July?

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset

View attachment 46925

View attachment 46906
Latymer School

View attachment 46907
Shepherds Ln

View attachment 46909

View attachment 46910

View attachment 46911
Cranleigh College

View attachment 46912
View attachment 46908
The Turnpike

I am loving this!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread