Maps Cranleigh & RHD Citaro (2 Viewers)

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.png

For the last few weeks, Rob and I have been working on a joint project called Southern Counties. This consists of combining parts of Bullington and Project Southern together. And various intercity and local routes.

Currently the map is going to be planned as a network style map. This means it will take longer compared to most maps so it won't be in a completed state till late next year. However at the end there will be more routes that you will be able to enjoy.

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.jpeg

Ashfield
P+R - P1 - Ashfield Town Centre to Adlington Water [Park and Ride]
P+R - P4 - Ashfield Town Centre to Thornbeck [Park and Ride]
10 - Ashfield Town Centre - Merton Circular. [Oneway - Mon - Fri]
Moreover 2 additional routes within Ashfield when we come up a plan for them

Bullington
R1 - Southdown Heath - Bullington Town Centre - Bullington District Hospital
R5 - Bullington Town Centre - Lavington
PR3 - Westford P&R - Bullington Town Centre

Intercity Services
475 - Bullington - Ashfield via Ford [Stagecoach]
415 - Petersfield - Hawthorns Castle - Bullington
355 - Ashfield - Crawley
700 - Bullington - Ashfield - Crawley [Southern Falcon]

Current Developments

Currently were are working within Ashfield which was the starting town for Project Southern. Recently we destroyed the town centre for the 4th time and rebuilt it and here is some of screenshots of the town centre.

Looking towards the High road and Merton Centre.

Ashfield Bus Station

The Bus stands at Ashfield Bus Station.

Town Centre [Otherwise known as Dogey council Crossing]

The Watertower

Looking at High Street Ashfield and Ashfield Old Church.

The next post will be by robertharris and he will be explaining what he's done as well as what we are going to be working on next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
Update - 02/11/2016

Apologies for the delay in the update, busy with personal life and job but here is what i have done on my side of the things so far

j,,j,j.PNG

^Looking towards the bus stop layby just of the big roundabout that connects the A3 with the town of Ashfield

bfbfbfn.PNG

^Looking towards Ashfield, we see a C400RX on route testing, in a background we see a newly constructed footbridge that allows pedestrians to safely cross the road

Southern Counties 1.PNG

^Looking away from Ashfield now. Here we see part of Merton Retail park, this is on the outskirts of ashfield - One of the bus depo's for the map will be located down the road where you turn left at the lights

Southern Counties 3.PNG

^Facing towards Ashfield for the last time, In the background, we see an amazon dispatch centre, and a Esso petrol station

Right as @tkink317 dropped me in it for this update, he will be updating the thread again within the next 2 days, Until then, enjoy

Rob

Southern Counties 2.PNG

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
Sorry for the long wait for an update.
As you may or may not be aware due to personal reasons Rob is unable to do any map making at the moment and I am unable to focus as much on the map myself due to coursework. Therefore they are going to be some drastic changes in regards to what lines will be included in the final version and what areas that we are planning.

Adlington Park and ride. ( BTW the P+R was from Bullington and this was when we tested merging maps and it worked but was a very annoying progress, however, it worked also Rob is currently polishing it off )

a8674a630b92decfda2ae21dc111af60.jpeg

Asda - Also I am going to replace that model once I finish working on a replacement model in the meantime it will have to do, as a placeholder.

Worplesden Road - Looking towards Asda.

Looking towards Adlington water and Adlington.

Adlington junction with the A3. (Thanks to Rob for the A-road splines they are a massive help)

The last few weeks we have been working on and off the map. The next update planned will be explaining in more details the new changes since they are drastic (and we may need to edit the first post as well ) however, there will be a variety of lines to drive on once the 1st version is released.

Advertisement

May 24, 2016
The current asda and KFC are only temporary until we find a suitable replacement of the kind or we actually make one. Thanks for the kind words though.
You could try making your own. One thing that would be nice to see is a modelled building. Detailed props inside the building and all that good stuff. I'm not sure how easy this would be to pull off though and not sure if it would cause issues.
You could always make your own building or at least add features on your own using Photoshop.

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
Currently as it stands, Tkink(Oanien) has more blender knowledge then i do, so he may be able to whip something up, i mainly focus on the map developing side of things, however, due to personal issues, i had taken a small break because i lost motivation to do stuff. What you are seeing in the pictures is what elliot has created untill i get my motivation back to touch up (heavily edit) to add more detail to the map

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
After many hours of working on and then, converting and importing Citaro RHD into omsi. I thought it's time to finally reveal the project to everyone who didn't know.

0d075a9306fecce86c6e16f706dcce59.png
The Citaro has had a very long production timescale and is one of the most popular buses that is currently available with multiple variations and multiple different bodies. However, I will be focusing on the Euro 2 and Euro 3 variant Citaro with its original bodywork. The Citaro was converted from Alterr Citaro model which he originally released a few years back. They have been multiple requests for a UK artic bus for OMSI. And I thought it was time to try and actually meet that demand and the other reason is because I like Citaro's :D

I also want to work on a variety of Citaros. (I cannot guarantee that all of them will be finished for the first version and some may have to come as updates later on)
  • Citaro 1 door
  • Citaro 2 door - Rear folding doors
  • Citaro 2 door - Rear Sliding doors
  • Citaro G 2 door - Rear Sliding doors
  • Citaro G 3 door - Rear Folding doors
  • Citaro G 3 door - Rear Sliding doors
  • Citaro 2 door - Rear folding doors (London)
  • Citaro G 3 door - Rear Folding doors (London)
I would also like to thanks, Danielc25c, Rhys, Road-hog-123, Welshwizard and Whisky.stuffs for helping me and for their contributions towards the project.

Please note I am nowhere complete with the dashboard.

So what I would like to do next.
There is a lot of things I still don't understand about scripting and modelling in Blender. But hopefully, i will be able to learn over time. Also, i am having a few issues with the Citaro including an alignment with the interior and the glass. Issues in animating buttons and a few bugs that I have spotted throughout the conversion. Moreover, I would like to implement Morphi Citaro sound pack v4.4 sound pack at some point. However, I'm still waiting for permission. Therefore the bus currently has default sounds unfortunately and would have to remain that way until I get permission.

Q&A

Q: How long will it take the project to be complete
A: Who Knows. Currently, there is a really long bug list that also needs to be dealt with along with the planned variations and could take some time.

Q: Will there be a beta and if so can I join
A: Yes and No. The beta is closed will be kept private.

Q: Is there a template we can use to make repaints.
A: Yes and No. The template is the original which came with the Citaro with a few minor changes and I can't guarantee it will stay the same so I won't release template for now.

Additional Notes
* I have not started working on the trailer yet so, I'm currently using the original trailer for illustration purposes.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread