Maps Cranleigh & RHD Citaro (1 Viewer)

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.png

For the last few weeks, Rob and I have been working on a joint project called Southern Counties. This consists of combining parts of Bullington and Project Southern together. And various intercity and local routes.

Currently the map is going to be planned as a network style map. This means it will take longer compared to most maps so it won't be in a completed state till late next year. However at the end there will be more routes that you will be able to enjoy.

OMBxhX-aRqR9oqfP5YsfHMTD_rq9Na6c.jpeg

Ashfield
P+R - P1 - Ashfield Town Centre to Adlington Water [Park and Ride]
P+R - P4 - Ashfield Town Centre to Thornbeck [Park and Ride]
10 - Ashfield Town Centre - Merton Circular. [Oneway - Mon - Fri]
Moreover 2 additional routes within Ashfield when we come up a plan for them

Bullington
R1 - Southdown Heath - Bullington Town Centre - Bullington District Hospital
R5 - Bullington Town Centre - Lavington
PR3 - Westford P&R - Bullington Town Centre

Intercity Services
475 - Bullington - Ashfield via Ford [Stagecoach]
415 - Petersfield - Hawthorns Castle - Bullington
355 - Ashfield - Crawley
700 - Bullington - Ashfield - Crawley [Southern Falcon]

Current Developments

Currently were are working within Ashfield which was the starting town for Project Southern. Recently we destroyed the town centre for the 4th time and rebuilt it and here is some of screenshots of the town centre.

Looking towards the High road and Merton Centre.

Ashfield Bus Station

The Bus stands at Ashfield Bus Station.

Town Centre [Otherwise known as Dogey council Crossing]

The Watertower

Looking at High Street Ashfield and Ashfield Old Church.

The next post will be by robertharris and he will be explaining what he's done as well as what we are going to be working on next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Can I use Hamburg Modern because I don't have the original Hamburg
Hamburg Modern actually relies on HamburgD&N for most of the map, so it may become a future problem
I think OnionWolf said he may consider a non-Hamburg version :)

Advertisement

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
Wow. I'm stunned with how this map looks. It's incredible! :) I'd love to drive on this map, however i don't have Hamburg. :( I really do hope that in the future there could be a version that doesn't require Hamburg. But i mean its up to you.
You could always just look for Hamburg during sales if you cant afford the full price. :)

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
March Update Header.jpg

First off all @Moskie Redid the timelapse video so fewer jump cuts and better driving :P (To some extent...)

Beta testing has taken a lot longer than expected in addition I've run into several bugs that crippled development and beta testing of Cranleigh. Anyway, the Beta tester team and I have squashed quite a lot of bugs there's not many left however Cranleigh is quite a large map.

For the past few weeks, I have been working on extending 442 to Oldmere Station. I was planning to extend the route from Dial Green to Oldmere in version 2 however I decided to do it now since the 442 could be a bit longer and Dial Green felt a bit wrong mainly the turn around point was at a Pub Car Park. The route is slightly longer and takes around 45/50 mins to complete the entire trip.

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-23-57-827.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-23-46-904.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-17-07-715.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-17-28-470.jpg

Another feature that I have been also working on for the past few weeks are Tenders and School Contracts.

Tender and School routes are routes that are operated on behalf of Cranleigh City Council and/or Surrey Council. These routes often change to different owners depending on who’s won the contract for each year. I will include a table of who won each contract for each year and will change between Cranleigh City/Cranleigh Konnections and Arriva however this version will focus mainly on School Routes/School Contracts.

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-56-13-918.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-55-17-932.jpg

My main focus outside of extending the 442 has been optimising the entire map and making minor improvements wherever possible. Especially around the city centre which had quite extensive work done to improve framerate. It does need a bit more work a however some people may need to lower your settings especially if you have a low-end PC. Thanks to @Danielc2525 who worked on the map whilst I was on holiday

Anyway more screenshots :D

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-34-43-120.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-38-32-438.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-40-10-929.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-30-30-485.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-31-05-943.jpg

Omsi 2019-08-16 06-32-40-074.jpg

1565935965985.png

As development is drawing to a close. It's time to announce the requirements you need to run Cranleigh.

Download Link
GCW Strassenobjekte
Addon Creative Streets
Oberpfalz Spline Pack
Folti Construction Pack
Oberpfalz 3D object pack
Daf xf 105 vehicles packDaf XF 105 V 2 - OMSI - WebDisk
British Scenery PackBritish Scenery Pack
UKDT Flora V3[UKDT] Flora
RH Road detailing PackRoad-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 2
Let’s Play OMSI Object PackDie Projekte (Scroll to the bottom and download version 4.1)

There will be 1 more update after this and that will explain Chronos and anything else I've missed. I've realised it hasn't been wise by mentioning that I was aiming the map to get out by the end of July however I rather release a map that wasn't full of bugs so it will take a bit longer but hopefully it should be out soon.

Until the next update
Tschüss

Attachments

• Omsi 2019-08-16 06-15-43-259.jpg
    Omsi 2019-08-16 06-15-43-259.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1565935515018.png
    1565935515018.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 1565935947566.png
    1565935947566.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

First off all @Moskie Redid the timelapse video so fewer jump cuts and better driving :P (To some extent...)

Beta testing has taken a lot longer than expected in addition I've run into several bugs that crippled development and beta testing of Cranleigh. Anyway, the Beta tester team and I have squashed quite a lot of bugs there's not many left however Cranleigh is quite a large map.

For the past few weeks, I have been working on extending 442 to Oldmere Station. I was planning to extend the route from Dial Green to Oldmere in version 2 however I decided to do it now since the 442 could be a bit longer and Dial Green felt a bit wrong mainly the turn around point was at a Pub Car Park. The route is slightly longer and takes around 45/50 mins to complete the entire trip.
Another feature that I have been also working on for the past few weeks are Tenders and School Contracts.

Tender and School routes are routes that are operated on behalf of Cranleigh City Council and/or Surrey Council. These routes often change to different owners depending on who’s won the contract for each year. I will include a table of who won each contract for each year and will change between Cranleigh City/Cranleigh Konnections and Arriva however this version will focus mainly on School Routes/School Contracts.
My main focus outside of extending the 442 has been optimising the entire map and making minor improvements wherever possible. Especially around the city centre which had quite extensive work done to improve framerate. It does need a bit more work a however some people may need to lower your settings especially if you have a low-end PC. Thanks to @Danielc2525 who worked on the map whilst I was on holiday

As development is drawing to a close. It's time to announce the requirements you need to run Cranleigh.

Download Link
GCW Strassenobjekte
Addon Creative Streets
Oberpfalz Spline Pack
Folti Construction Pack
Oberpfalz 3D object pack
Daf xf 105 vehicles packDaf XF 105 V 2 - OMSI - WebDisk
British Scenery PackBritish Scenery Pack
UKDT Flora V3[UKDT] Flora
RH Road detailing PackRoad-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 2
Let’s Play OMSI Object PackDie Projekte (Scroll to the bottom and download version 4.1)

There will be 1 more update after this and that will explain Chronos and anything else I've missed. I've realised it hasn't been wise by mentioning that I was aiming the map to get out by the end of July however I rather release a map that wasn't full of bugs so it will take a bit longer but hopefully it should be out soon.

Until the next update
Tschüss

This all sounds and looks very promising, however I do have one question:
Will there still be a non-Hamburg version in the future?
Thanks, and good luck with the map. :)

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
This all sounds and looks very promising, however I do have one question:
Will there still be a non-Hamburg version in the future?
Thanks, and good luck with the map. :)

Still considering it however as I mentioned on my fb page it would take a lot of time and could be only done after release.

Advertisement

Just watched the timelapse and the map blows me away, it is exactly what I have been looking for in a map, that mix of city center, dual carriageway and countryside driving with outstanding detail to boot. Cannot wait to drive it despite the fact that I am going to have to wait but I know it is worth waiting for. Between this and the Bowdenham RHD map, the street decks and the upcoming master lites are going to be busy. Great work by all who worked on Cranleigh

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread