Confirmed Cover Photo not updating

Jem

One of the Undesirables
Feb 18, 2018
Bug Type
Application Issue
I've been trying over the last week to change my profile cover, but it's been loading the pre-existing image that was there already. Not sure what the issue is, but I'll include the extensions I'm using.

Browser: Waterfox 2020.03 Aurora
Extensions: image

Reactions: Ecronbuses

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
I suspect that the new CDN config isn't being followed on uploads, and the covers are landing in the old directory - I'll check and try and staple Flysystem into the addon somehow.

Cheers for letting us know @Jem.

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
Also +1 @Jem on the detailed bug report with a video showing reproduction! this really helps us out!

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
Adding to this, it does the same on regular threads too, same behaviour as the video.

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
If anyone is having this issue, please take a video like @Jem and @FirstEnviro, please also make note of what server fulfilled the request (you can see this in the footer!)

1584305839086.png

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
We've identified the cause of this to be our CDN cache, which currently caches all files for 1 day to maximise performance. As, upon being updated, avatars/covers keep the same file name (based on the user/content's ID), the old cached file will be shown for up to 24 hours, until the cache is refreshed.

There's currently no easy way around this without compromising the cache, which would degrade performance significantly. We're currently trying to find an efficient away of force refreshing the cache for individual files as they are updated.

Covers/avatars should eventually be updating after a while @Jem and @FirstEnviro?

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
We've identified the cause of this to be our CDN cache, which currently caches all files for 1 day to maximise performance. As, upon being updated, avatars/covers keep the same file name (based on the user/content's ID), the old cached file will be shown for up to 24 hours, until the cache is refreshed.

There's currently no easy way around this without compromising the cache, which would degrade performance significantly. We're currently trying to find an efficient away of force refreshing the cache for individual files as they are updated.

Covers/avatars should eventually be updating after a while @Jem and @FirstEnviro?
Confirmed updated.

Reactions: Tom

Jem

One of the Undesirables
Feb 18, 2018

Yep, they have been updating.

Reactions: Tom