Could this be made and how would I go about it

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Unitt

Mar 26, 2016
Hello Fellas.

I've not been very active recently because I've been looking into how to make buses for Omsi and I've always had this dream to make a UK version of the Volvo Olympian Alexandra, IE. Stagecoach or even Dublin Bus Imports, but I don't wanna make a scrappy job of it, as I like to take pride in work I make etc etc. As I thought this would be the best kinda place to throw my ideas, I'm gonna chuck them up.

So the bus it's self. as we all probaly know theres alot of HK versions of the Olympian around which would make a great base, the issue is I know the Hong Kong community won't be lean to give permission to use their bus models as a base model, from what I've read and been told, but this is the bus I kinda wanna try make.

View attachment 1190

Now I heard you can use software's like blender to make the model, but I'm still confused how to throw it all together and make it work essentially. If anyone has some onsite or knowledge or even has been working on there own version of the bus, I'm down to help out or start this project myself etc.

Unitt

Mar 26, 2016
*Update*

I've done some research on bus making and I think I'm gonna dedicate my time to make this bus, the English edition of it tho.

I'll post a proper Work In process thread once it's started.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
You'll want to get as much reference material as you can, preferably sooner rather than later as these buses will be disappearing from fleets before next year. :(

If you've not used capable modelling software before, I suggest you try and make some other objects and things first to get the hang of using it and how to get things into Omsi.

When you feel you're ready collect together some side-on shots of the bus and some other reference photos and just start modelling with reference to known measurements. Keep working at it and creating/recreating various bits until you're happy with it. It might take a while, but if you do it well it'll be worth it. :)

Reactions: Unitt

Bus Boy

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Hello Fellas.

I've not been very active recently because I've been looking into how to make buses for Omsi and I've always had this dream to make a UK version of the Volvo Olympian Alexandra, IE. Stagecoach or even Dublin Bus Imports, but I don't wanna make a scrappy job of it, as I like to take pride in work I make etc etc. As I thought this would be the best kinda place to throw my ideas, I'm gonna chuck them up.

So the bus it's self. as we all probaly know theres alot of HK versions of the Olympian around which would make a great base, the issue is I know the Hong Kong community won't be lean to give permission to use their bus models as a base model, from what I've read and been told, but this is the bus I kinda wanna try make.

View attachment 1190

Now I heard you can use software's like blender to make the model, but I'm still confused how to throw it all together and make it work essentially. If anyone has some onsite or knowledge or even has been working on there own version of the bus, I'm down to help out or start this project myself etc.

Try Asking GX7767 Studios if you can use on of their (10 or Something!) Olympians. If anyone they will give you permission. Whatever you do, Don't go near the Virtual Stagecoach one.

Good Luck with your Project! :)

Unitt

Mar 26, 2016
Try Asking GX7767 Studios if you can use on of their (10 or Something!) Olympians. If anyone they will give you permission. Whatever you do, Don't go near the Virtual Stagecoach one.

Good Luck with your Project! :)

Yeah I've seen there one, I would like to learn how todo it from scratch, and try not to use anyones, but If I have to, I have to get permissions ofc.

Toucan

Hmmm
Mar 28, 2016
You could try vector drawings? I dont know what they are but I think they are used for modelling. The problem is you would have to make one your own if you dont want to spend £12 on one :P  

Unitt

Mar 26, 2016
You could try vector drawings? I dont know what they are but I think they are used for modelling. The problem is you would have to make one your own if you dont want to spend £12 on one :P  

Well it turns out someone has made a cartoon mapping for paper craft of the volvo olympian, gonna try use that as a reference in blenda to make the model, once the model is kinda in progress I'll post a WIP thread

Toucan

Hmmm
Mar 28, 2016
Well it turns out someone has made a cartoon mapping for paper craft of the volvo olympian, gonna try use that as a reference in blenda to make the model, once the model is kinda in progress I'll post a WIP thread

Yeah, as long as you dont use the paper thing as like a template and create ya model yourself its going to be good! I can feel it! Have fun on it