Connecting spline / traffic paths manually

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Unless I'm missing something, I've found a problem with OMSI 2's editor.

Sometimes, I don't want to use the automatic connection of splines and crossings using the CTRL button, as they attach the wrong way round or in a way I don't want them.
In the OMSI 1 editor I would have lined them up as close as I could and then hit the 'traffic rules' tab to see if they matched.

Any spline that wasn't connected to another one had yellow and orange circle shapes on the ends of the traffic paths, highlighting the fact they did not connect (and mean in OMSI traffic would disappear)
OMSI 2 editor lacks these yellow/orange circles and I cannot tell if the paths I am trying to line up form a connection or not. Going into OMSI every time to see if traffic vanished would be a real pain, so is there any way to enable these markers that show you which paths are not connected?

editor.png

In this picture, ignore the red thing (I call it the peg), there used to be an orange circle at the end of every disconnected path.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The texture for it still exists, but is not implemented. As long as it's close enough, it's fine. In any case, I don't have a deviation of more than 5-10cm or the 'jump' from AI vehicles becomes noticeable.

Also, you can select different nodes to snap to with F9.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Oh, yeh, it's a bit of a weird one. You snap it to any node, then let go. With no keys depressed, press F9. Then press CTRL again.