Community Opinion Poll - Direction of ETS2MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S if this is in the wrong section please do move it to the right area, thank you

Original Thread on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/discussions/1/616188677664260482/
( copied from from here, looking for community input )

The Developers seem to have a mind of their own, if you have ever been on the ets2mp forums for some time you will know that the developers rarely ever respond to questions asked by the community as such recently a decision by the Lead Developer as sparked a huge backlash on the forums
I am currently try to see what people think about this and have their say with a strawpoll that i have made, if it gains enough traction i will use this data on the ets2mp forums.
Please leave your input and post on your ideas and thoughts
http://strawpoll.me/2614748

Advertisement

I understand that, however some kind of evidence backing up this and community input might push the developers to rethink thinks, think of it as a last chance from the community for the developers to fix their things up, plus i plan to put forward a case post after a few days this poll has been running. People feel free to post this anywhere you like aswell to help spread this.

Reactions: Muzz
I agree the maybe 2 answers might not be enough but without being bias to either side and making a campaign to the developers i really need to keep it simple and straight as possible, i will add the extra stuff later that people are also concerned about that's not on the poll

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
I agree the maybe 2 answers might not be enough but without being bias to either side and making a campaign to the developers i really need to keep it simple and straight as possible, i will add the extra stuff later that people are also concerned about that's not on the poll

What was the decision made by the lead developer? @RootKiller is a member on these forums and sometimes browses it.

I knew there was a divide between those who wanted a speed limiter and those who didn't, and that's about it :) So I'm pretty clued out on this one

Advertisement

Thats fine, the developers have every right to be here as anyone does, however based on how currently things are going on ets2mp forums i know for a fact that it would not last long as due to their age they would not know how to properly handle the traffic and deal with it maturely, so i need an outside forum with no bias, and if the devs read this i hope they understand this, i am not out to attack you i just want to gather data and make an informed response once its done. If nothing become of this i swear never to bother to try to help the ets2mp team again.

Reactions: Muzz

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
Thats fine, the developers have every right to be here as anyone does, however based on how currently things are going on ets2mp forums i know for a fact that it would not last long as due to their age they would not know how to properly handle the traffic and deal with it maturely, so i need an outside forum with no bias, and if the devs read this i hope they understand this, i am not out to attack you i just want to gather data and make an informed response once its done. If nothing become of this i swear never to bother to try to help the ets2mp team again.
That's absolutely fair, and as I said Trucksim.org is an open forum.

You've raised a concern about something your passionate about - there's nothing wrong with this and I'm sure the developers won't see this as a direct attack against their work :)

Jul 31, 2014
Honestly, I don't blame the devs/admins. The ''fans'' seem to be a bunch of immature ***holes who just spew their bull**** and hatred around for no good reason.

If ''The devs should boycott ETSMP because of the retarded players who have no respect for them'' was an answer in this poll, I'd click on it.
Another good answer would be ''The devs should perma ban everyone who's acting like a **** on their forums or in-game''.

At first I thought ETSMP was just bad, but I realized something. ETSMP kicks ass, it's just the community/players who make it absolutly terrible.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
Honestly, I don't blame the devs/admins. The ''fans'' seem to be a bunch of immature ***holes who just spew their bull**** and hatred around for no good reason.

If ''The devs should boycott ETSMP because of the retarded players who have no respect for them'' was an answer in this poll, I'd click on it.
Another good answer would be ''The devs should perma ban everyone who's acting like a **** on their forums or in-game''.

At first I thought ETSMP was just bad, but I realized something. ETSMP kicks ass, it's just the community/players who make it absolutly terrible.
I agree and disagree.

I do think that some requests are beyond the realms of possibility, and some that demand too much, but there are a good handful of fans with honest intentions towards improving the quality of their community :)

Advertisement

Dec 29, 2013

Otherway around and the devs have no respect for the players. Admins just kick people who get in their way... The player has a no win situation

Jul 31, 2014
Otherway around and the devs have no respect for the players. Admins just kick people who get in their way... The player has a no win situation

Yeah, some in-game admins seem to be a bunch of 9 year olds as well. One of the in-game admins can't even speak English! (If he's still an admin, I hope not.)
But I was talking about the devs and the forum admins actually. I wouldn't repeat myself over and over and over and over again, because a bunch of braindead idiots aren't capable of reading.

*Note that I am not active in the ETSMP community anymore, I got too annoyed by the people who play the MP.

even with speedlimiter...I see trolls bashing your trucks but never see them getting banned so never bother about reporting them my self XD
also EU server is just (beep) lag lag lag. Maybe only nasa computers can handle ETS2MP at good settings in MP. (LoL). The sync still seems to be doggy... In game admins...pufft dont make me get my self banned but they try their best but owell

On the plus side. its fun just driving around and jerking off but prefer the SP 1000% more thn MP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread