classics?

AmericanModder

Jul 28, 2014
So we have seen scs post screen shots of some of the ats trucks which have recently included a w900. What I would like to know is will the game include older trucks as well or will they all be modern trucks. Personally I'm a big fan of classic long hoods

exHauster

Aug 10, 2014
I think that the fact we've seen already one, confirms there will be a lot diferent classic models

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
So we have seen scs post screen shots of some of the ats trucks which have recently included a w900. What I would like to know is will the game include older trucks as well or will they all be modern trucks. Personally I'm a big fan of classic long hoods
Judging by games like ETS2 I would assume there won't be any "classic" trucks on the standard version of the game, but it won't be long till modders put some in :P

exHauster

Aug 10, 2014
What makes you think that @M? We have seen the W900, which is enough to know there will be classics. I dont think devs would cut that part from the game and sell it as Dlc. Seems not the kind of stuff SCS does.

Poptart

Jan 21, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
What makes you think that @M? We have seen the W900, which is enough to know there will be classics. I dont think devs would cut that part from the game and sell it as Dlc. Seems not the kind of stuff SCS does.
The Kenworth posted looks pretty new, but to be fair, a 2014 Kenworth w900 looks almost exactly the same as a 1995 w900 :p
I would say that that the brands SCS has on the game would want them to showcase their newest truck models, and I agree with Max, I bet that modders will be all over making their own American trucks, including classic trucks. As far as SCS goes though, I think they will be sticking to newer models.

Joel Ackers

Aug 2, 2014
personally i would hope that SCS are going for a diverse range of each manufacturers trucks i think they know thier fan base wants a range which could possibly be reason negotions are going on for so long they might getting as many licenses as they can i would love it if they include classics like the FLB and FLD freightliners, if Mack is in the game (and they better be coz i drive one) the CH and CL, kenworth K100 and a few other K series KW's, some old peterbilts and some old western stars, freightliners argosy would be good and on that note just a mix of long nose and cab overs wouldnt go amiss, but in any case i agree the modding community will gp nuts wen it releases and if they do ill be sure to try some but no offence to the modders i would just like SCS to try and pull this off i have high expectations for this game and it looks like its going to deliver and again DOUBLE TRAILERS PLEASE SCS. (another project for a confident modder if hes willing to try and SCS dont do it). if SCS dont do classics (ill be dissapointed) but mod author Maxxx2504 better port his 389 mod over to ATS that truck is bad ass but needs better engine sound