Buses Citybus 200 (ADL Enviro200) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as many of you are aware, from last Sunday's stream, I've started work on the Citybus200. The Citybus200 is specifically being made to show you all how I develop a bus from start to finish, in hopes that many of you are able to pick up a few new development skills. The streams will run most Sundays at 8PM-12AM. The C200 will mainly be developed during those streams to prevent it from impeding with my developments on London in preparation for the beta testing that is soon to come.

On the last stream, we managed to get as far as having most of the basic shape for the sides complete. As many of you saw, I was starting to struggle with the pressure of getting the front done and explaining my process on the live stream, as discussed, I decided to build the front off stream, and we shall continue our next development stream by baking the exterior and start on the interior.
942.PNG

The model has only been in development since Sunday and this thread shall be updated after every stream

The C200 will not have the London logo engraved into the rear bonnet, but instead will have a blank logo as seen in Stagecoach examples.
upload_2017-7-13_12-16-16.png

A regional version is planned for the C200, however this will be an 8.9m variant. I've chosen to go with an 8.9m variant as it will only require me to replace the London equipment in the model as opposed to rebuilding/rebaking the whole bus. The bus will also come with a 9.4m/10.2m and 10.8m variant (as seen in the above screenshot), all London spec.

The current plan is for the London C200's to become the 6th bus in the London DLC (after the C400/NRM/SRM/Gemini 2/Gemini 3), the bus will have a setvar tag for the old/new bumper.

Catch my streams here : twitch.tv/rhys_mc

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
So as many of you are aware, from last Sunday's stream, I've started work on the Citybus200. The Citybus200 is specifically being made to show you all how I develop a bus from start to finish, in hopes that many of you are able to pick up a few new development skills. The streams will run most Sundays at 8PM-12PM. The C200 will mainly be developed during those streams to prevent it from impeding with my developments on London in preparation for the beta testing that is soon to come.

On the last stream, we managed to get as far as having most of the basic shape for the sides complete. As many of you saw, I was starting to struggle with the pressure of getting the front done and explaining my process on the live stream, as discussed, I decided to build the front off stream, and we shall continue our next development stream by baking the exterior and start on the interior.
View attachment 14791

The model has only been in development since Sunday and this thread shall be updated after every stream

The C200 will not have the London logo engraved into the rear bonnet, but instead will have a blank logo as seen in Stagecoach examples. View attachment 14792

A regional version is planned for the C200, however this will be an 8.9m variant. I've chosen to go with an 8.9m variant as it will only require me to replace the London equipment in the model as opposed to rebuilding/rebaking the whole bus. The bus will also come with a 9.4m/10.2m and 10.8m variant (as seen in the above screenshot), all London spec.

The current plan is for the London C200's to become the 6th bus in the London DLC (after the C400/NRM/SRM/Gemini 2/Gemini 3), the bus will have a setvar tag for the old/new bumper, and most likely will be fitted with Lazzerini or Ciclo seats (that I shall make during the stream).

Catch my streams here : twitch.tv/rhys_mc
Looks absolutely smashing, i must say :wink:. Can't wait to see more streams of development! :tongueout:

Advertisement

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
Spent most of my life commuting via Enviro 200s and they continue to serve all of my local sd routes, so I'm very much looking forward to watching this progress and also watching the streams! And like I said to V3D, it'll be awesome to have a high quality RHD single decker. You've made a great start so far :D Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

westmidlandsbuses

westmidlandsbuses on flickr & instagram
Jan 30, 2016
West Midlands, UK
I have a question for Rhys; having read the topic starter, I understand the only regional variant is the 8.9m one. Will this have the facelifted front (as seen in the screenshot on the longer model) & a middle emergency exit on the nearside?

Also, the screenshot in the original post also suggest that these will be gasket glazed buses? Cheers.

Phenomenal work all round, can't wait for London! :grin:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I have a question for Rhys; having read the topic starter, I understand the only regional variant is the 8.9m one. Will this have the facelifted front (as seen in the screenshot on the longer model) & a middle emergency exit on the nearside?

Also, the screenshot in the original post also suggest that these will be gasket glazed buses? Cheers.

Phenomenal work all round, can't wait for London! :grin:
Thanks, yes the regional variant will have gasket glazing and the same facelifted front. The exit door will be at the rear as this model is based off a 2010 variant of the E200 (prior to the European Whole Type Approval changes)

Advertisement

Mar 15, 2016
Hi Rhys! Brilliant work so far on the project and on the buses! Will there be a singe door version of this amazing bus!

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread