Maps City of Bristol (1 Viewer)

Title1.png

Welcome.png
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Background.png

Bristol Airport is the South West's main airport handling more than 8 million passengers (2017) per year. Main operators at the airport include easyJet, Ryanair, TUI, Thomas Cook, BMI Regional, and others. The current terminal opened in 2000 and has undergone many expansion projects throughout the year. With the most recent ones being the expanded departure lounge (2015), new security search comb (2016) and the expanded arrivals and immigration hall (2017/2018).
The airport has one runway designated 09/27.
Map.png

This map is my first map that I am creating so I am mainly creating this map to allow myself to get to know the OMSI creation tools. However, I am willing to follow a plan to get this map done.
The map will be an accurate re-creation of Bristol Airport.
For initial release, the map will consist of just the airport, car parks and the surrounding roads. There will be a number of routes as follows:
  • Silver Zone Shuttle:
    • Silver Zone car park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Silver Zone car park
  • Long stay Shuttle:
    • Long stay car park (various stops) - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Long stay car park (various stops)
  • Staff Shuttle:
    • New Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Car Park
    • Staff Car Park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
These routes are operated using the Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
There is a custom Bristol Airport shuttle repaint for these buses which is currently available for download here: Bristol Airport Repaint

When (and if) the initial release is complete, I will work to implement the different bus services that operate to and from the airport. Each route will be published in it's each individual update.
The additional routes planned is as follows:
  • A1 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Bristol Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads - Redcliffe Way - Bedminster Parade - Parson Street - Bridgewater Road - Bristol Airport
  • A3 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Weston-Super-Mare - Worle - Hewish - Congresbury - Cleeve - Brockley - Downside - Bristol Airport
  • A4 Air Decker (operated by Bath Bus Company):
    • Bath - Saltford - Keynsham - South Bristol - Bristol Airport
More information on the A1 and A3 can be found here.
More information on the A4 can be found here.

There is currently no release date set.
Screenshots.png

Current progress of the map can be found below and I will post updates in this thread when they become available.
Omsi_2018-08-16_18-52-33.png

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-55-55.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-26.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-58.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-22_18-39-02.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-23_19-24-38.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-24_11-38-54.jpg

I'm always open for feedback and suggestions. :)
Credits.png

Entire map currently made by FirstEnviro
Some assets made by third party authors which will be available in the readme in final release.

BRSLogo.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
This project has been in the dark for some time so I think it's about time I give a large update for the future plans for this project.

As I'm sure you are all aware by now, (if you don't then you must be living under a rock or something) I have been working on an Enviro 400 MMC. Personally, I prefer bus making than map making which is why I was very quick to abandon this project to work on the MMC. Significant work has been made on the MMC and at a much faster rate than I at first anticipated. Now, we also have the Streetdeck and Streetlite in development and which are both fast approaching release (aiming for Q3 if you really must know), but we have no (new) UK maps to drive them on, and no maps from Masterswitch at all.
I'm sure you're aware of release plans for the buses which are to release them on Steam. Now this is great news and it means we can branch out to a wider audience and allow more people to use our content which we spend most of our time developing.
Now I digress. The point I'm trying to make here is that there are no maps on Steam for people to download to drive these buses on. Yes, we have BoTW, Keedlestone, Cotterell etc. But these are maps that only people who go looking for them have. A lot of people who buy the buses from Steam won't even know about Fellowsfilm and would be stuck to driving the buses purely on right path maps which would ruin the overall experience for them.

To tell you all the honest truth, since I started the MMC in January, work on Bristol was straight away halted and no progress was made. Since Masterswitch was formed, we have all been focusing on our buses. I'm sure you'd all rather have two great buses and a map rather than three buses. So with that, I'm still continuing work on the Bristol map. I'm not saying release plans for the map yet because I don't want to cause a stir (people who need to know, they know) but I'm hoping to release the updated map before/with the Streedeck and/or Streetlite. No date set.

Now to the veg stuff, routes. All current existing routes will remain with no changes to them (apart from, oh I don't know, just a massive revamp to scenery). A new route will be added as well. To those familiar with the A1 route in Bristol, you will know the route takes you from Bristol Airport, along the A38, down to Long Ashton, along the guided busway, Anchor Road, City Centre, Temple Meads and terminating at the Bus Station. As much as I'd love to do the entire route at this time, it's not feasible in the timeframe I have. Yes, Masterswitch can help before you ask, but you're forgetting both Reverseidle and BlueOrange (the main two who have map and modelling experience) are both tied down with their own bus projects. So it's going to be mainly me working on the map.
So here's what I propose for now. I'm going to take the A1 route slightly fictional and operate it following normal route until Long Ashton, where it will terminate at Long Ashton park and ride. If you need to figure out where this route goes, just google it on Bristol Airport's or First's websites. This will add approximately 6 miles of completely new road along the A38 and the South Bristol Link Road.
I've outlined the specifics for each route below, should you find this of interest.

I hope you've enjoyed the Bristol Airport map in its current state, and this was when I didn't know a lot about OMSI. Given how much I've learnt since January, I can promise you the new map will be a much better experience. And yes, it will remain freeware for now.

Route information:
  • Staff Shuttle:
    • Route: Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Transport Hub.
    • Bus: Mercedes-Benz Citaro
  • Silver Zone Shuttle:
    • Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Silver Zone reception.
  • Long Stay Shuttle:
    • Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Long Stay stops 1-7 - Main Terminal (Entire scenery along Long Stay has been revamped and is no longer a bouncy castle)
  • New route A1:
    • Bristol Airport - Long Ashton Park and Ride (Express non-stop)
    • Bus: To be decided.
  • New route A2:
    • Bristol Airport - Long Ashton Park and Ride (Local service)

If you feel there is any information I have missed here, feel free to reach out to me, and I'll answer.

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
This project has been in the dark for some time so I think it's about time I give a large update for the future plans for this project.

As I'm sure you are all aware by now, (if you don't then you must be living under a rock or something) I have been working on an Enviro 400 MMC. Personally, I prefer bus making than map making which is why I was very quick to abandon this project to work on the MMC. Significant work has been made on the MMC and at a much faster rate than I at first anticipated. Now, we also have the Streetdeck and Streetlite in development and which are both fast approaching release (aiming for Q3 if you really must know), but we have no (new) UK maps to drive them on, and no maps from Masterswitch at all.
I'm sure you're aware of release plans for the buses which are to release them on Steam. Now this is great news and it means we can branch out to a wider audience and allow more people to use our content which we spend most of our time developing.
Now I digress. The point I'm trying to make here is that there are no maps on Steam for people to download to drive these buses on. Yes, we have BoTW, Keedlestone, Cotterell etc. But these are maps that only people who go looking for them have. A lot of people who buy the buses from Steam won't even know about Fellowsfilm and would be stuck to driving the buses purely on right path maps which would ruin the overall experience for them.

To tell you all the honest truth, since I started the MMC in January, work on Bristol was straight away halted and no progress was made. Since Masterswitch was formed, we have all been focusing on our buses. I'm sure you'd all rather have two great buses and a map rather than three buses. So with that, I'm still continuing work on the Bristol map. I'm not saying release plans for the map yet because I don't want to cause a stir (people who need to know, they know) but I'm hoping to release the updated map before/with the Streedeck and/or Streetlite. No date set.

Now to the veg stuff, routes. All current existing routes will remain with no changes to them (apart from, oh I don't know, just a massive revamp to scenery). A new route will be added as well. To those familiar with the A1 route in Bristol, you will know the route takes you from Bristol Airport, along the A38, down to Long Ashton, along the guided busway, Anchor Road, City Centre, Temple Meads and terminating at the Bus Station. As much as I'd love to do the entire route at this time, it's not feasible in the timeframe I have. Yes, Masterswitch can help before you ask, but you're forgetting both Reverseidle and BlueOrange (the main two who have map and modelling experience) are both tied down with their own bus projects. So it's going to be mainly me working on the map.
So here's what I propose for now. I'm going to take the A1 route slightly fictional and operate it following normal route until Long Ashton, where it will terminate at Long Ashton park and ride. If you need to figure out where this route goes, just google it on Bristol Airport's or First's websites. This will add approximately 6 miles of completely new road along the A38 and the South Bristol Link Road.
I've outlined the specifics for each route below, should you find this of interest.

I hope you've enjoyed the Bristol Airport map in its current state, and this was when I didn't know a lot about OMSI. Given how much I've learnt since January, I can promise you the new map will be a much better experience. And yes, it will remain freeware for now.

Route information:
  • Staff Shuttle:
    • Route: Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Transport Hub.
  • Silver Zone Shuttle:
    • Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Silver Zone reception.
  • Long Stay Shuttle:
    • Continuing to follow Main Terminal - Long Stay stops 1-7 - Main Terminal (Entire scenery along Long Stay has been revamped and is no longer a bouncy castle)
  • New route A1:
    • Bristol Airport - Long Ashton Park and Ride (Express non-stop)
  • New route A2:
    • Bristol Airport - Long Ashton Park and Ride (Local service)

If you feel there is any information I have missed here, feel free to reach out to me, and I'll answer.

Good to see that masterswitch is supplying the community a variety of content, and not just vehicles. I will look forward to seeing the updated version. Good luck.

J

Users who are viewing this thread