Maps City of Bristol (1 Viewer)

Title1.png

Welcome.png
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Background.png

Bristol Airport is the South West's main airport handling more than 8 million passengers (2017) per year. Main operators at the airport include easyJet, Ryanair, TUI, Thomas Cook, BMI Regional, and others. The current terminal opened in 2000 and has undergone many expansion projects throughout the year. With the most recent ones being the expanded departure lounge (2015), new security search comb (2016) and the expanded arrivals and immigration hall (2017/2018).
The airport has one runway designated 09/27.
Map.png

This map is my first map that I am creating so I am mainly creating this map to allow myself to get to know the OMSI creation tools. However, I am willing to follow a plan to get this map done.
The map will be an accurate re-creation of Bristol Airport.
For initial release, the map will consist of just the airport, car parks and the surrounding roads. There will be a number of routes as follows:
  • Silver Zone Shuttle:
    • Silver Zone car park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Silver Zone car park
  • Long stay Shuttle:
    • Long stay car park (various stops) - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Long stay car park (various stops)
  • Staff Shuttle:
    • New Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Car Park
    • Staff Car Park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
These routes are operated using the Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
There is a custom Bristol Airport shuttle repaint for these buses which is currently available for download here: Bristol Airport Repaint

When (and if) the initial release is complete, I will work to implement the different bus services that operate to and from the airport. Each route will be published in it's each individual update.
The additional routes planned is as follows:
  • A1 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Bristol Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads - Redcliffe Way - Bedminster Parade - Parson Street - Bridgewater Road - Bristol Airport
  • A3 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Weston-Super-Mare - Worle - Hewish - Congresbury - Cleeve - Brockley - Downside - Bristol Airport
  • A4 Air Decker (operated by Bath Bus Company):
    • Bath - Saltford - Keynsham - South Bristol - Bristol Airport
More information on the A1 and A3 can be found here.
More information on the A4 can be found here.

There is currently no release date set.
Screenshots.png

Current progress of the map can be found below and I will post updates in this thread when they become available.
Omsi_2018-08-16_18-52-33.png

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-55-55.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-26.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-58.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-22_18-39-02.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-23_19-24-38.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-24_11-38-54.jpg

I'm always open for feedback and suggestions. :)
Credits.png

Entire map currently made by FirstEnviro
Some assets made by third party authors which will be available in the readme in final release.

BRSLogo.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
I’ll be following this project with keen interest - Bristol airport isn’t far from where I am and tends to be the airport I fly from/to if I’m going places.

Seen the buses on the A1 change over the years too from the single deck B7’s to the E400 MMC’s and B9TL’s that seem more frequent these days.

Best of luck - looking forward to seeing how this progresses
I remember when they were Renown B10s ;)

Reactions: Cauterize1750

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Ew the 76 and 75 lol. Jk those are then 2 routes I really want because they go through the parts of Bristol I recognise most
It's still early days so I'm still not 100% on the routes I'm going to include after 1.2 has been released.
I can say now that 1.2 will add the A1, A2 and m2.

The 75 and 76 required entirely new scenery in both North and South Bristol which will not be used for the above routes. Depending on how long the routes above take to complete, I may consider adding more routes afterwards. But as 1.2 will include 8 miles of extra route, I doubt 1.2 will be out before the end of the year, but hey only time will tell.

Sep 2, 2018
Kent
Pronouns
He/Him
It's still early days so I'm still not 100% on the routes I'm going to include after 1.2 has been released.
I can say now that 1.2 will add the A1, A2 and m2.

The 75 and 76 required entirely new scenery in both North and South Bristol which will not be used for the above routes. Depending on how long the routes above take to complete, I may consider adding more routes afterwards. But as 1.2 will include 8 miles of extra route, I doubt 1.2 will be out before the end of the year, but hey only time will tell.
I know that’s the way your doing it but, could you just release one extra route in 1.1 so we don’t have to wait as long for it to be done?????

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Since support for 1.1 has ended, it's time to make a start on 2.0!

Here's the first junction I've been working on so far, the Downside Road intersection. First time messing with traffic lights and pretty easy and simple to do once you get the hang of it. Hoping to bring you all a larger update soon when I work more on this junction.

1548014679518.png

1548014597152.png

Since support for 1.1 has ended, it's time to make a start on 2.0!

Here's the first junction I've been working on so far, the Downside Road intersection. First time messing with traffic lights and pretty easy and simple to do once you get the hang of it. Hoping to bring you all a larger update soon when I work more on this junction.

View attachment 40630
View attachment 40629
Ew traffic lights...gotta go fast

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread