Maps City of Bristol (1 Viewer)

Title1.png

Welcome.png
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Background.png

Bristol Airport is the South West's main airport handling more than 8 million passengers (2017) per year. Main operators at the airport include easyJet, Ryanair, TUI, Thomas Cook, BMI Regional, and others. The current terminal opened in 2000 and has undergone many expansion projects throughout the year. With the most recent ones being the expanded departure lounge (2015), new security search comb (2016) and the expanded arrivals and immigration hall (2017/2018).
The airport has one runway designated 09/27.
Map.png

This map is my first map that I am creating so I am mainly creating this map to allow myself to get to know the OMSI creation tools. However, I am willing to follow a plan to get this map done.
The map will be an accurate re-creation of Bristol Airport.
For initial release, the map will consist of just the airport, car parks and the surrounding roads. There will be a number of routes as follows:
  • Silver Zone Shuttle:
    • Silver Zone car park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Silver Zone car park
  • Long stay Shuttle:
    • Long stay car park (various stops) - New Terminal
    • New Terminal - Long stay car park (various stops)
  • Staff Shuttle:
    • New Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Car Park
    • Staff Car Park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
These routes are operated using the Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
There is a custom Bristol Airport shuttle repaint for these buses which is currently available for download here: Bristol Airport Repaint

When (and if) the initial release is complete, I will work to implement the different bus services that operate to and from the airport. Each route will be published in it's each individual update.
The additional routes planned is as follows:
  • A1 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Bristol Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads - Redcliffe Way - Bedminster Parade - Parson Street - Bridgewater Road - Bristol Airport
  • A3 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
    • Weston-Super-Mare - Worle - Hewish - Congresbury - Cleeve - Brockley - Downside - Bristol Airport
  • A4 Air Decker (operated by Bath Bus Company):
    • Bath - Saltford - Keynsham - South Bristol - Bristol Airport
More information on the A1 and A3 can be found here.
More information on the A4 can be found here.

There is currently no release date set.
Screenshots.png

Current progress of the map can be found below and I will post updates in this thread when they become available.
Omsi_2018-08-16_18-52-33.png

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-55-55.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-26.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-21_15-56-58.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-22_18-39-02.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-23_19-24-38.jpg

Omsi_2018-08-24_11-38-54.jpg

I'm always open for feedback and suggestions. :)
Credits.png

Entire map currently made by FirstEnviro
Some assets made by third party authors which will be available in the readme in final release.

BRSLogo.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I bet I know what you're thinking now: "He's released the map, now he's just going to walk away, leave it in beta and never work on it again."

If that's what you're thinking, then oh how wrong you are.

If you've played the map already, you'll notice Silver Zone is, well, er, a mess.
Let me tell you why it's empty. As I was working on Silver Zone, I found out Bristol Airport had opened the new Silver Zone reception. This wouldn't be an issue but it's the fact that I had already done quite a bit of road infrastructure that I didn't feel like re-doing it. So I decided to leave it as was for now, release the map and get feedback from the main sections of the airport. When I found out that the main section is up to standards, I was going to work on the new Silver Zone. So that's what I've started work on now.
Silver Zone will be a complete re-make and will be up to standard with the rest of the map. I hope you understand why I have released it looking as if I had given up with it, but I really haven't.
Hope you enjoy it at it's current state though.

Thanks! :D

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I've had a quick look in the map in the editor - and I must say that you are off to a solid start. There's a lack of polish of course (though nothing unexpected of a WIP beta map).

Most of the items that give an unpolished appearance come from the use of existing splines - the map would greatly benefit from your own splines. They're really not difficult to create - it's just basic co-ordinates in a text file. I created a guide which I'm sure you'd be able to follow here: Dev Tutorial - Making Splines

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I've had a quick look in the map in the editor - and I must say that you are off to a solid start. There's a lack of polish of course (though nothing unexpected of a WIP beta map).

Most of the items that give an unpolished appearance come from the use of existing splines - the map would greatly benefit from your own splines. They're really not difficult to create - it's just basic co-ordinates in a text file. I created a guide which I'm sure you'd be able to follow here: Dev Tutorial - Making Splines
Thanks for your great feedback! I found the current splines good enough but some sections I have modified some pre-existing ones. I will definitely look at creating some from scratch when I need them. Thanks again! :)

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm closing this thread and moving over to the main download thread to keep things simplified. No point in having two threads.
There's several very good points in having two threads:
  • Users can follow the WIP progress without having to sift through all the support requests
  • Users can get support and read through the support responses without having to sift through progress updates and responses to those progress updates
  • When the map is finished the WIP thread can be archived to serve as a resource for other developers

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
There's several very good points in having two threads:
  • Users can follow the WIP progress without having to sift through all the support requests
  • Users can get support and read through the support responses without having to sift through progress updates and responses to those progress updates
  • When the map is finished the WIP thread can be archived to serve as a resource for other developers
Good point. Just didn’t want to clog the forums up. Cheers ????

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread