Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
- Nov 1, 2016
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Bristol Airport is the South West's main airport handling more than 8 million passengers (2017) per year. Main operators at the airport include easyJet, Ryanair, TUI, Thomas Cook, BMI Regional, and others. The current terminal opened in 2000 and has undergone many expansion projects throughout the year. With the most recent ones being the expanded departure lounge (2015), new security search comb (2016) and the expanded arrivals and immigration hall (2017/2018).
The airport has one runway designated 09/27.
This map is my first map that I am creating so I am mainly creating this map to allow myself to get to know the OMSI creation tools. However, I am willing to follow a plan to get this map done.
The map will be an accurate re-creation of Bristol Airport.
For initial release, the map will consist of just the airport, car parks and the surrounding roads. There will be a number of routes as follows:
- Silver Zone Shuttle:
- Silver Zone car park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
- New Terminal - Silver Zone car park
- Long stay Shuttle:
- Long stay car park (various stops) - New Terminal
- New Terminal - Long stay car park (various stops)
- Staff Shuttle:
- New Terminal - Old Terminal - Staff Car Park
- Staff Car Park - Old Terminal - New Terminal
There is a custom Bristol Airport shuttle repaint for these buses which is currently available for download here: Bristol Airport Repaint
When (and if) the initial release is complete, I will work to implement the different bus services that operate to and from the airport. Each route will be published in it's each individual update.
The additional routes planned is as follows:
- A1 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
- Bristol Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads - Redcliffe Way - Bedminster Parade - Parson Street - Bridgewater Road - Bristol Airport
- A3 Airport Flyer (operated by First):
- Weston-Super-Mare - Worle - Hewish - Congresbury - Cleeve - Brockley - Downside - Bristol Airport
- A4 Air Decker (operated by Bath Bus Company):
- Bath - Saltford - Keynsham - South Bristol - Bristol Airport
More information on the A4 can be found here.
There is currently no release date set.
Current progress of the map can be found below and I will post updates in this thread when they become available.
I'm always open for feedback and suggestions.
Entire map currently made by FirstEnviro
Some assets made by third party authors which will be available in the readme in final release.