Chatroom/Shoutbox?

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
I think you should add a shoutbox to the board. Although there is no option for a XenForo shoutbox, there is a plugin for one. The only problem is compatibility as I don't know what version of XF you are running.

It's called TaigaChat and I think it looks pretty cool. There is also a pro version but it costs money!
One issue I can foresee are the spammers. Maybe there will be a way to set a post limit before you can use it.

Aussiemine

Mar 1, 2014
Might as well do a quick thing. We have something VERY SIMILAR, and I know some people are already on it, but staff have a small Facebook chat. But that's it. But it would be nice, because I know not everyone has a Facebook, but it would be a nice idea to have a shoutbox. If not, I believe there was one at some time, but was removed.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Already been suggested before many times.

It's a no unfortunately, they're poorly optimised and draws focus away from posting on the forums.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Already been suggested before many times.

It's a no unfortunately; they're poorly optimised and draw focus away from posting on the forums.
Have you checked out the one I posted above or have you installed it before and noticed it draws attention away from posting?

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
There's a whole forum for posting and chatting etc so it seems a bit pointless having a second chat thingy :P Just my opinion of course

Reactions: Speedy

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
It would take away from the forums. And there won't be as many posts

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
How about a trucksim.org Teamspeak 3 server if you can afford it. What do you think?
I guess that would only be possible if demand for a Teamspeak server is high and if Donations come in every month which are also used to cover costs for hosting the forums.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
I am aware of the forums in which you can chat, but it's not in real-time. You must refresh the page every time a new post is—posted. Although, with the current reason, I don't see a chatbox happening.