Chat box

Neutro

Jan 31, 2014
Hey,

I think this forum would be great with a chat box so we can talk easily.

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
I know you could chat instead of messaging a person.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately we're not able to add a chat box to the forum for the following reasons;

• Chat boxes are only ideal for small forums and it would use a lot of resources making the forum slower.
  • People will only use the chat box instead of posting, so the quality of our content decreases - If you have a question, post it, you'll get a much better response :).
  • Certain forbidden activity, such as trading/selling game licenses may take place at times when the forum is quiet and moderators/staff are off duty.
  • Private messaging is private - not for the whole forum to see ;)

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately we're not able to add a chat box to the forum for the following reasons;

• Chat boxes are only ideal for small forums and it would use a lot of resources making the forum slower.
  • People will only use the chat box instead of posting, so the quality of our content decreases - If you have a question, post it, you'll get a much better response :).
  • Certain forbidden activity, such as trading/selling game licenses may take place at times when the forum is quiet and moderators/staff are off duty.
  • Private messaging is private - not for the whole forum to see ;)
I really think the shoutbox is a good idea because:

1. People can chat and relax
  2. asking for support in chatbox can result in ban [as a rule]
  3. It will decrese forum post. (a good reason) Also, there will be LESS flood with posts which says 'yes' or 'no' or'i dont know' or any type of short useless answers.

I could think of better reasons too :D

Zantox

Retired TruckSim Staff
Feb 9, 2014
Just doing a final follow up on this, so we can go ahead and close it.

As Muzz has already stated we aren't going to be implementing this at this time. Thank you for your suggestion, your feedback is always valued.