Maps Catchester (1 Viewer)

Db7li77UAbOe5fFkrShnEeh5F_HWyqs-.png
Welcome to Catchester!
In the past, I've messed about with the in-game editor to create a map and never really followed through with it. Mostly because I had no idea what I was doing and had no backing / motivation.
However, that's all changed. I've looked at loads of tutorials in the past month and decided to have another crack it.

I've decided to name the map Catchester and will have a few little districts / villages in the style of Bowdenham.

Anyway, let's move on to the FAQ!

Q: Is this map RHD (Right Hand Drive)?
A: It certainly is!

Q: How much of the map is currently built?

A: I have currently only built the Bus Station loop and the area between there and Maverton Walk. You can see Maverton Walk in the screenshot below ;)

Q: Will you have Beta Testers?

A: Unfortunately, I have already established my team of beta testers so please do not ask me to become one.

Q: Estimated Release Date?

A: I'm expecting to hopefully release it before September. :)

Q: Is there a Discord server?
A: Yes! Click the Discord picture at the very top of the thread!

So. I can actually only show you one area of the map at the moment because I don't want to spoil anything. ~ However I will be teasing a part of the map every few days so follow the thread! :tongueout:

upload_2017-7-21_14-4-34.png

upload_2017-7-21_14-5-13.png

upload_2017-7-21_14-5-29.png

Catchester Beta Testing Team!
@Hana Hyde
@plebski
@TheTrainGamer
@ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation
@LazyGuy222
@BlueOrange
@MrChips
@tattyseal
@busfan2001
@matt3633 is on fire
@Jordan Joyce
@LondonzTaDahz
@EdwardFowler122
Please do not ask me to become a beta tester.

Last edited:
Reactions: vLondon

Advertisement

Kaelyn

Max Verstappen, 2021 Formula One World Champion
Jan 2, 2017
Brighton & Hove, United Kingdom
dokkae.me
Looks very nice at the moment.
The complaints I have is the fact that the signs at the back are z-fighting with the wall.
And that there is a floating bus stop flag.

Tip : Avoid Freeman's assets like you are avoiding anything you want to avoid.
Ye, I noticed the sign and pulled it further forward.
The flag's now got a pole,

I'll probably replace it with something more map "fitting" when I'm done with everything else.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I have removed the messages that were in this gap relating to the beta testing as the applications process has now closed.

In relation to some of these messages, I will reiterate that this is not a playground, this is a forum. Immaturity, snark and general unhelpfulness are not welcome here and make you liable to attract warnings from the moderation team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macauley and Kaelyn

Kaelyn

Jan 2, 2017
dokkae.me
First of all!
First of all, thank you everyone who decided to apply for beta testing! I'm overwhelmed with your responses and I've been reading through every single one! (Including the bad ones.)

Before I reveal who is part of the team, I'd like to thank @Hana Hyde for motivating me enough to even attempt to make a map in the first place. Without her, this wouldn't have happened. Now, I have read through each and every application and I've decided on a team which might be quite big for a first project, however, I just couldn't say no to be honest, they were all so good!

Right, let's move onto who the team is!

So. This is now my testing team!

Catchester Beta Testing Team
@Hana Hyde
@plebski
@TheTrainGamer
@ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation
@LazyGuy222
@BlueOrange
@MrChips
@tattyseal
@busfan2001
@matt3633 is on fire

Thank you all for applying and I'm sorry if you weren't picked! Better luck next time!

(Can everyone who's been accepted please check the new conversation I have added you to on the forums for my Discord Name & Discriminator)

Last edited:

Kaelyn

Jan 2, 2017
dokkae.me
Yes! I am still working on the map!
Decided to take a little break but I am now back!

Catchester Bus Station has been rebranded to Catchester Town Centre as I am now building a bigger and better Bus Station!
I've decided to take inspiration from Hammersmith Bus Station, a bus station in West London.

Basically, it'll be elevated :tongueout:
upload_2017-8-15_14-47-50.png

And here's a picture of the bus stops having their rebrand added to them :tongueout:
upload_2017-8-15_14-48-56.png

I'd also like to welcome @EdwardFowler122 to the beta testing team. He's helped me to improve a few small details of the map. :)

Last edited:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Yes! I am still working on the map!
Decided to take a little break but I am now back!

Catchester Bus Station has been rebranded to Catchester Town Centre as I am now building a bigger and better Bus Station!
I've decided to take inspiration from Hammersmith Bus Station, a bus station in East London.

Basically, it'll be elevated :tongueout:
View attachment 16777

And here's a picture of the bus stops having their rebrand added to them :tongueout:
View attachment 16778

I'd also like to welcome @EdwardFowler122 to the beta testing team. He's helped me to improve a few small details of the map. :)
Hammersmith is in West London :P

Good to see you're learning however, still in the very early stages I see, but I'm sure you'll expanding on your skills with the more experience you gain :D

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread