Maps [Cancelled] Worton (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WORTON IS BACK!!! this map was created to test my editoring skills in 2016 and was discontinued however i have improved my map making skills and decided to start work on it again. This is my "first" map so dont expect anything special. There will be regular streams on my youtube channel on thursdays rhys stirling

I think it looks alright however i need suggestions and help

There are three main towns with the first release posibly more in other releases however the three towns are Worton, Fruiton &unknown name yet so suggest some

There will be four main bus companys Stagecoach, First, Centrebus & Hattons

Stagecoach will run C400R, Enviro 200 & Eclipse 1.5

First will run Darts, C400R, Enviro 200, Renowns, Eclipse 1.5 & Gemini 2

Centrebus will run Gemini, enviro 200 & darts

Hattons will run renowns, enviro 200 & darts

Last edited:

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
this is fruiton bus station so far soz for the lack of buildings

20170312072558_1.jpg
20170312072551_1.jpg

20170312072601_1.jpg

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
It is commendable that you've decided to have a crack at custom junctions - but it seems you have embarked on it without researching how to create them first. You can use the invis_street splines you have already laid down to create an invisible junction.

As stated, you can create a junction in Blender (but you'd still need to path it up all the same), as that's the most efficient solution - however, graphically, invisible junctions look better (depending on your modelling skill), and allow you to tweak the design easily as you go by just moving splines.

However, junctions created in Blender demand much less in the way of system resources, helping towards improved FPS and reduced tile load times. If your map isn't going to be that dense, you'll need to work out which of the two methods you wish to employ, with your skills taken into account.

There are some further suggestions I can make:
  • The red surface treatment you've used for the prefab bus station makes the place look like the streets are flowing with blood. You should consider an alternative - either by creating your own, or by using the 'treatment' splines I've made which have a more muted, weathered colour.
  • Your roundabout doesn't need the circular blue sign - as that refers to mini roundabouts. Roundabouts are signed as if they're simply loops of oneway road (which really, they are)
  • Your roundabout looks like it could be a town square with the tight roads (speaking of which, have you tested to make sure buses can swing round?). I think that could look quite nice as either something akin to Albert Square in Eastenders, or as a town centre surrounded by shops

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
@iomex the buses that im running round there can get round (Enviro 200, Dennis Dart and a C400R at a push(if your a skilled driver))

that was the type of thing that i was goung for only an outer town square as the town is going to be to the right of the roundabout ill change the mini roundabouts signs and ill have a look at custom junctions but if i cant fathem it out will it matter

thanks for all the advice Rhys

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Yes and no. I've already experimented with them, can't remember the results, but with a force enabled steering wheel, you can take moderately tight turns (guided busways don't have tight turns afaik), provided your speed is within a particular range.

However, this would obviously exclude people without steering wheels. The way round this is a straight busway, which most are for large portions of their duration.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread