Maps [Cancelled] Whiteland City (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Please listen to our advice mate, we only want the best for you, but once again you've started a complete new project, this is actually your 3rd new project within the space of 2 months. And I see you're still working on Yorkshire at the same time

Focus on this one, don't rush whatsoever to get things out, nobody is rushing you. Flaxton had so much potential but fell short at the very last hurdle where more detail and polishing as well street lamps could have been placed. 

If you're wanting the communities support behind your new project, it may probably be best to take on board suggestions and comments. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Please listen to our advice mate, we only want the best for you, but once again you've started a complete new project, this is actually your 3rd new project within the space of 2 months. And I see you're still working on Yorkshire at the same time

Focus on this one, don't rush whatsoever to get things out, nobody is rushing you. Flaxton had so much potential but fell short at the very last hurdle where more detail and polishing as well street lamps could have been placed. 

If you're wanting the communities support behind your new project, it may probably be best to take on board suggestions and comments. 

Ok thanks for the advice 

I agree with @RhysGeoffrey, you dont seem to listen to advice people are giving, work on one map at a time and TAKE YOUR TIME. it may mean release is months away but in the end its worth it. Most people want quality not quantity . Look at Cotterell for example its 1 small 15 minute route but its to such a high quality that it does not boring after the first few runs like some maps. I know the omsi stuff is new to you still but over the past 5 years or so since i first got the game (only been on the communities about half a year) i found that the best way to move forward is to listen to what others say, It may take you a week to do just one junction but if its done properly it pays off. Am sure others will have much more to say . (am not the best at turning what im thinking in to words :D  ).

Reactions: Rhys and Ross

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
I'm not trying to sound snobbish but if you look at my York WIP screenshots. I haven't updated them in a while as I'm taking a break from York at the moment and working on a little private project. I've only been working in the OMSI 2 editor since April. Look how far I have come. 

It seems you are aiming quantity not quality. I'd say to limit yourself to 1 route that lasts no more than 10-15 minutes. Then expand.

Hope this helps in some way. Just seems you dont take on advice and people's support towards you and you just want to get something out there. 

Reactions: Rhys

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
I agree with @RhysGeoffrey, you dont seem to listen to advice people are giving, work on one map at a time and TAKE YOUR TIME. it may mean release is months away but in the end its worth it. Most people want quality not quantity . Look at Cotterell for example its 1 small 15 minute route but its to such a high quality that it does not boring after the first few runs like some maps. I know the omsi stuff is new to you still but over the past 5 years or so since i first got the game (only been on the communities about half a year) i found that the best way to move forward is to listen to what others say, It may take you a week to do just one junction but if its done properly it pays off. Am sure others will have much more to say . (am not the best at turning what im thinking in to words :D  ).

Totally agree with you ross @ABZ BUSES / JORDANADAM44 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
A song comes to mind here

Spoiler

But seriously, you need to listen to what people are telling you and then take on board that advice. Stop rushing out maps which are far below the standard they should be because they were completed in 3 weeks and have god knows how many routes that are about 2 minutes long. Listen to advice AND THEN ACT ON IT!

Advertisement

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
The numerous hints and tips I have given aswell adds to it, Jamie, I know the editor is hard, we all know how hard it is, just take in the advice we have all given to you because honestly, it will make you map look so much nicer then what they have been currently

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel that there is a lot of negativity in this thread. What I do suggest @Jamie Lowes is if you have multiple projects ongoing it might be better putting it all in one thread, for example you could have the map names as a heading and then information on that map before adding the next map underneath.

Just so it keeps all the information in one place, easier for people to look at your progress :)

~Fellowslothb

There's only 1 project 

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread