Buses [Cancelled] The ALX Project (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stagecoach_8513.jpg

Welcome to the new official thread...

So everyone, welcome to the all new and official forum thread for the ALX Project. For anyone who is not sure, the ALX Project is a project where I am undertaking the task of building an Alexander Dennis ALX400. I decided to do this simply because I am fed up of the lack of UK content that is of a high standard. This project is about building a bus for RHD maps that is high quality and what I hope will be the highest quality UK bus in OMSI.

I will be building this bus completely from scratch in Blender, so expect it to take some time as this project is about me learning Blender as well. I am making everything from scratch including the .bus files, the repaints, engine scripts, gearbox scripts etc. which is no easy task in OMSI. I can give a brief plan of what I hope to include in the bus (But like any plan it will no doubt change)

Planned Features

- Realistic body shape

- Accurate Real Life size

- Working front, lateral and rear destination boards

- Working stop bell (Which is also interactive by player)

- Working Cab with realistic looks and features

- Low pressure warning alarm / Fault (Stop) alarm

- Kneeling Suspension

- Deployable Ramp

- Opening/Closing Cab door

- Realistic Hanover Displays controller

- Working ticket machine (not sure which make yet)

- Working cab/passenger windows

- Openable emergency exit

- Realistically working interior lights (one side turns off when engine off etc.)

- Realistic Headlights

- Reverse Beeper

- Viewable CCTV system

- Accurate and realistic engine sounds (Euro 2 Trident), as well as realistic gearbox etc.

- Working / realistic hold gears and kickdown functions

- Engine bay doors and exterior access doors that open

These are only planned features and will most likely change, though I intend on putting as many of them in as I can. I will also make sure that the bus is optimised as best I can.

Comments? Suggestions? Questions? Then please do not hesitate to reply to this thread or feel free to drop me a message!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him

PLEASE NOTE...

That this project is being turned over to Lowlander21 for completion as he has got a lot further than I have. However, I shall be back soon with more content from the ECDT as I have a few background projects that I will now bring forward.

Ok then! Sounds good and I look forward to hear about your new projects

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK

PLEASE NOTE...

That this project is being turned over to Lowlander21 for completion as he has got a lot further than I have. However, I shall be back soon with more content from the ECDT as I have a few background projects that I will now bring forward.

Don't Delete the Bus Though as We all Know @Lowlander21's Reputation is Wobbly... :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread