Buses [Cancelled] ALX400 Dennis Trident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am making a new ALX400 Dennis Trident. The bus is still quite a long way from being finished, but I hope to have it done as soon as possible. I am hoping to have an Early (BETA) release by the end of July (Hopefully).

COMPLETED:

-Basic Model (Still needs some bug fixes and tweeks)

-Basic White paint livery

-Destination Boards

-Doors

-Kneeling

-Passenger Seats

-Dashboard Textures (Light map only)

-Engine Sounds (1/2 Completed)

-Indicator Lights / Headlights / Tail Lights / Break Lights / Reverse Light

TO DO:

-Bug Fix the main model

-Add in a Hanover Displays Controller

-Add in Night Map Textures

-Add in Mouse Events

-Complete Engine Sounds

-Complete other sounds (Such as 

-Add in Driver Seat

-Add in a script that turns the destination board off when electrics turned off

View attachment 1141

View attachment 1142

View attachment 1143

View attachment 1144

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Looks like a conversion of AD156's old MM2 trident to me. That's not necessarily a bad starting point, and it looks like you've done a good job on it so far, but do you have permission for it?

Reactions: henryhoward14
Very nice indeed looking good so far hopefully it will be detailed and have accurate sounds.

Thanks, the intention of it is to be extremely detailed. I'm one of these people that don't like releasing things unless they are as realistic as possible!

Looks like a conversion of AD156's old MM2 trident to me. That's not necessarily a bad starting point, and it looks like you've done a good job on it so far, but do you have permission for it?

The model is actually from the ALX400 on VirtualStagecoach, to which I am in progress of obtaining permission for. Everything else is being done by me. Even though basic things such as headlights came with the ALX, I have re-worked the script!

Well, if you can bring it up to modern standards this should be interesting. You might want to add detail to the model though, and it still looks rather basic. Also baked textures are a must.

Well it is a long way from being finished, its got many months work ahead of it. I am setting to work on the model and once I have that tweaked and completed, I've got some textures on standby.

Advertisement

If you can fill up the gaps, give it a nice dash and bake the interior textures, it should be pretty decent.

That's pretty much the plan. The gaps annoy me very much!

Remember making the rear of this many...many years ago for MM2!  xD

Many years ago indeed!!!

Looking good some decent interior and exterior textures will make it a ok bus to drive. Also i think you want to remodel the front end of the bus as well.

As well as giving the interior a massive overhaul, I plan to have a number of different repaints!

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Thats what i need help with aswell so i can't help sorry

Im sure someone else will be able to help me and you

@RhysGeoffrey Nice Shout, didn't actually think of that! Thanks for the tip! Do you know how I can get the model open in blender as every time I try, I just get a cube!

use the import button, and delete the cube by right clicking on it and pressing delete. What are you currently using to model your bus :)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
On the import what selection do i make?

Think I was a little misunderstood, I think I presumed that the vehicle @simulatorguy101 was developing was imported from another program, if you want to learn how to modify things in blender such as laying a plain mesh down, watch the Blender for Noobs channel, it was very helpful when I originally started. :)

Blender V2.77

Back onto topic, import the files from the bus into blender by clicking "File>import>and your selected file type to import, I'm presuming it may be in a .dae format if its imported from sketchup, so check that if so.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread