Buses [Cancelled] ALX400 Dennis Trident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am making a new ALX400 Dennis Trident. The bus is still quite a long way from being finished, but I hope to have it done as soon as possible. I am hoping to have an Early (BETA) release by the end of July (Hopefully).

COMPLETED:

-Basic Model (Still needs some bug fixes and tweeks)

-Basic White paint livery

-Destination Boards

-Doors

-Kneeling

-Passenger Seats

-Dashboard Textures (Light map only)

-Engine Sounds (1/2 Completed)

-Indicator Lights / Headlights / Tail Lights / Break Lights / Reverse Light

TO DO:

-Bug Fix the main model

-Add in a Hanover Displays Controller

-Add in Night Map Textures

-Add in Mouse Events

-Complete Engine Sounds

-Complete other sounds (Such as 

-Add in Driver Seat

-Add in a script that turns the destination board off when electrics turned off

View attachment 1141

View attachment 1142

View attachment 1143

View attachment 1144

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him

Development Update Report - 10/05/16

So, there is actually quite a lot to update everyone on today so please read!

-- © Copyright permissions officially obtained

-- A few different variations of the bus will be available. These will be Cummins C-Series, Volvo B7TL and an Alexander Trident with a screaming turbo!

-- The first repaints confirmed as: Stagecoach, Stagecoach Coastliner 700, Brighton & Hove Route 27, First Olympia and Demonstrator.

Whats next from here

So from here, I will be starting to complete the repaints, collecting B7TL sounds and a Screaming turbo sound and adding them into the bus. I will also be continuing to polish the Cummins sounds. I will also be continuing the modelling and very soon starting to work on the other textures and mouse events!

A good B7TL to do is the Dublin Bus one. Good luck

PROGRESS REPORT - 13/05/2016

So there is a bit to talk about here! The first being that I am officially making the ALX400 a project and so should now be referred to as the "ALX Project". Also, due to having so many problems with making a new model (As I am terrible at it), I will be keeping the model I have copyright permission to and add to it. I have made a bit of progress today as I have added in a ticket machine (Wayfarer 3, which is only temporary and will be changed before final release) and a Hanover Displays controller (Not yet fully working).

WHATS NEXT FROM HERE...

So from here, I will be continuing to work on the model, adding windscreen wipers and adding to the dashboard. I shall also be completing the repaints and working on the B7TL sounds. So check back here for the next update!

View attachment 1208

View attachment 1209

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him

PROGRESS REPORT - 13/05/2016

So there is a bit to talk about here! The first being that I am officially making the ALX400 a project and so should now be referred to as the "ALX Project". Also, due to having so many problems with making a new model (As I am terrible at it), I will be keeping the model I have copyright permission to and add to it. I have made a bit of progress today as I have added in a ticket machine (Wayfarer 3, which is only temporary and will be changed before final release) and a Hanover Displays controller (Not yet fully working).

WHATS NEXT FROM HERE...

So from here, I will be continuing to work on the model, adding windscreen wipers and adding to the dashboard. I shall also be completing the repaints and working on the B7TL sounds. So check back here for the next update!

View attachment 1208

View attachment 1209

Looking good. You will want to remove the destination board surround inside, though.

Also if you need help with repaints I'll be happy to help

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I'm interested to know how you intend to fix all the flaws and build a new interior without having to use Blender and 3d modelling. I think I'd recommend that you take a step back and work through some Blender tutorials, then either make a fresh start or continue working on this model with a greater knowledge of what you need to be able to do

The tutorials I used are: http://44090digitalmodels.co.uk/tutorials/blender1.html

The first, second and last tutorials are relevant to OMSI.

Reactions: Rhys

Toucan

Hmmm
Mar 28, 2016
Looks very nice! I know its a bit off-topic but how hard is it to create a new model in blender? Also, Will it be able to have another version but E400 bodied? We have alot of E400 bodied ALX400s here in North west devon? Its just a thought after you've got all of the modelling done ;)  Good Luck!

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Looks very nice! I know its a bit off-topic but how hard is it to create a new model in blender? Also, Will it be able to have another version but E400 bodied? We have alot of E400 bodied ALX400s here in North west devon? Its just a thought after you've got all of the modelling done ;)  Good Luck!

Oh my days o_O

There really isn't anything like an E400-bodied ALX400.

There is the Dennis Trident/Dennis Trident 2, which is the chassis. ALX400s were the body and was offered on Dennis Trident, Volvo B7TL and DAF DB250LF chassis. Later ALX400s (post-TransBus era) were on Trident 2 chassis.

The Enviro400 was offered as a variety of options, early Enviro400s were primarily built on the Trident 2 chassis with a few on Volvo B9TL chassis. It later became a fully integral product but also available as a body on Scania N230UD chassis.

Another way the Enviro400 was offered was as it's own chassis with another body such as the East Lancs/Optare Olympus.

the lineage was offered like this:

Dennis Trident (2)/Alexander ALX400

Dennis Trident (2)/Plaxton President

Dennis Trident (2)/East Lancs Lolyne

Dennis Trident (2)/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400

DAF DB250LF/Alexander ALX400

TransBus Trident/TransBus ALX400

TransBus Trident/TransBus President

TransBus Trident/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

ADL Trident/ADL ALX400

ADL Trident/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

ADL Trident 2 (E400)/ADL Enviro400

ADL Trident 2 (E400)/East Lancs/Optare Olympus

ADL E40D/ADL Enviro400

ADL E40H/ADL Enviro400

Scania N230UD/ADL Enviro400

Confused? You should be :P

As for modelling in Blender, it depends on how well you learn off internet tutorials.

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Oh my days o_O

There really isn't anything like an E400-bodied ALX400.

There is the Dennis Trident/Dennis Trident 2, which is the chassis. ALX400s were the body and was offered on Dennis Trident, Volvo B7TL and DAF DB250LF chassis. Later ALX400s (post-TransBus era) were on Trident 2 chassis.

The Enviro400 was offered as a variety of options, early Enviro400s were primarily built on the Trident 2 chassis with a few on Volvo B9TL chassis. It later became a fully integral product but also available as a body on Scania N230UD chassis.

Another way the Enviro400 was offered was as it's own chassis with another body such as the East Lancs/Optare Olympus.

the lineage was offered like this:

Dennis Trident (2)/Alexander ALX400

Dennis Trident (2)/Plaxton President

Dennis Trident (2)/East Lancs Lolyne

Dennis Trident (2)/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400

DAF DB250LF/Alexander ALX400

TransBus Trident/TransBus ALX400

TransBus Trident/TransBus President

TransBus Trident/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

ADL Trident/ADL ALX400

ADL Trident/East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne

ADL Trident 2 (E400)/ADL Enviro400

ADL Trident 2 (E400)/East Lancs/Optare Olympus

ADL E40D/ADL Enviro400

ADL E40H/ADL Enviro400

Scania N230UD/ADL Enviro400

Confused? You should be :P

Correction: There isn't anything as crap as a Enviro400 ALX400!

Want to know what a real double decker looks like? Look Here!

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
What I mean is one of these:

See the number plate @joe_alker? I've been on that bus and it sounds like a Dennis Trident and is from the year a dennis trident was made :P  It's also got the old dennis wheel in it

Yup, it's a Trident 2/E400. The Trident 2 is the chassis and the E400 is the body. The E400 is also the name used for the later chassis, which are directly descended from the Trident 2. For some reason it now seems to have become the E40D at some indeterminate point. To add extra confusion, it's also the name of the body, so you can get Optare/Darwen/ELC Olympus bodied E400s and E400 bodied N230UDs and integral E400s and it's all a bit confusing.

As an extra point of note, Trident 2 doesn't refer to generation - it refers to the number of axles. Therefore all UK tridents are Trident 2s and all HK tridents are Trident 3s.

As to awesomeness, you just can't beat a Trident 2. Sorry B7TL fans :P

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
Yup, it's a Trident 2/E400. The Trident 2 is the chassis and the E400 is the body. The E400 is also the name used for the later chassis, which are directly descended from the Trident 2. For some reason it now seems to have become the E40D at some indeterminate point. To add extra confusion, it's also the name of the body, so you can get Optare/Darwen/ELC Olympus bodied E400s and E400 bodied N230UDs and integral E400s and it's all a bit confusing.

As an extra point of note, Trident 2 doesn't refer to generation - it refers to the number of axles. Therefore all UK tridents are Trident 2s and all HK tridents are Trident 3s.

As to awesomeness, you just can't beat a Trident 2. Sorry B7TL fans :P

DB250s however, can beat a Trident 2 imo, I would ride a DB250 Gemini (since no ALXs left in London on that chassis) any day over an Enviro 400 :P  

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
DB250s however, can beat a Trident 2 imo, I would ride a DB250 Gemini (since no ALXs left in London on that chassis) any day over an Enviro 400 :P  

All the stagecoach ones near me were Trident 2's so i would be with Whistlehead! What would be the chassis for the remaining Stagecoach SELKENT ones though? The door is directly behind the front chassis?

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread