Can someone explain sharemods? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Has anyone here used a site called sharemods.com? Essentially it's just a file hosting site for mods, and you get a reward every time someone downloads your mod, what I was wanting to know is, if you uploaded a mod, how many downloads would you need to get before you can actually redeem something, like a game? Obviously if you've not used the site then you probably won't have a clue what I'm on about here

I'm sure it actually says how it works on the actual site but I'm hopeless finding these sorts of things :)

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
Refer to their FAQ for most of your questions. As for the rewarding system, some point value to reward information can be found on their points page. Personally, I hate websites like this. They all seem shady and you spend too much time downloading* a bunch of crap you don't care about just to get a game you actually want. There are other similar sites that require you to take surveys, and I'm not even going to get into those.

*I could be wrong. That site looks poorly made and I can barely understand what they mean on most of their pages.

Advertisement

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
London
stobarttrucking.com
Has anyone here used a site called sharemods.com? Essentially it's just a file hosting site for mods, and you get a reward every time someone downloads your mod, what I was wanting to know is, if you uploaded a mod, how many downloads would you need to get before you can actually redeem something, like a game? Obviously if you've not used the site then you probably won't have a clue what I'm on about here

I'm sure it actually says how it works on the actual site but I'm hopeless finding these sorts of things :)
I've seen a few mod makers on this site use the Sharemods website.

Refer to their FAQ for most of your questions. As for the rewarding system, some point value to reward information can be found on their points page. Personally, I hate websites like this. They all seem shady and you spend too much time downloading* a bunch of crap you don't care about just to get a game you actually want. There are other similar sites that require you to take surveys, and I'm not even going to get into those.

*I could be wrong. That site looks poorly made and I can barely understand what they mean on most of their pages.
The uploader gets the points. It is clearly stated at the top of the site.
Share Mods and earn original games or cash

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK

What I really wanted to know is how you actually earn the points, like, how many times the file needs to be downloaded to get say, 100 points? Is it a point per download, more or less? Doesn't seem to say anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread