Cab problems in ATS

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
I am having problems my cab is dark all the time even when driving in the day time. My mirrors show the correct daylight but the cab remains very dull

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Welcome to the forums. So our members with the know-how on interiors can help, are you using any modifications at all? Even ones that may not seem relevant.

Also, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing a clean version of the game?

Edit: Also, please provide some screenshots for us if a reinstall does not fix the issue. This will allow people to better diagnose what's wrong.

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hi Seven,
the game is brand new and straight from the CD. I am not very computer literate so putting in photos is not easy for me. Basically when looking in the mirrors it shows the correct daylight but the cab seems very dark but I am still able to see all the cab details. It just looks dimmer

I have re-installed the game and it is the same. I have taken a screenshot. How do I put it on to this reply?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
You can use the image tags on our forum. Upload the image somewhere like imgur. Copy the link, come here to make a post and press the picture icon (between the smiley face and the video icon). Paste in the link, press Insert, done. :)

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hi Seven,
I managed to get the image on this reply. Hope this shows what I mean. No mods have been put on as I have only just started.

View attachment 3680

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Hi Seven,
I managed to get the image on this reply. Hope this shows what I mean. No mods have been put on as I have only just started.

View attachment 3680
That looks about normal to me! You may find that further on in the game when you can buy your own truck and change the interior options it looks to be a bit brighter :)

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hi,
I put the lights on but not a lot of difference. Max I will carry on till I get my first truck.
Cheers Guys

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Doesn't look normal to me... Here's a screenshot of my game:

Roger took that screenshot at 13:22 game time, where it should be bright sunlight, instead it's very dark inside the cab looking out the windows and the F2 mirrors are noticeably brighter... My screenshot was taken in the evening and it's still brighter than his! I'm not sure how to fix that but I think there's some interior fault there with how the outside world is viewed from inside the cab.

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hi seven,
I thought it did not look right as well. Do it think it could be a faulty game or within graphics?

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Personally I have no clue. It could be either. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers too?

Failing that, I'm stumped. I don't have the know-how on this topic. :P

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
Have you tried turning the brightness up in the graphics settings?

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Have you tried turning the brightness up in the graphics settings?
I don't think brightness in the settings is the problem. Outside, his game is correctly colored but inside the cab it is not. Look at his mirrors, the colors are fine, just interior perspective is dark.

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Hey. As I am a closed beta tester for SCS. If that continues @Roger Brenton I can send a report in for that as that could just be bug but doesn't affect everyone.

Roger Brenton

Feb 17, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hi Skully,
I remember you from my days of ETS2 I have tried to get into the scs forum but it has been a long time since I used it that my user/password do not work and It will not let me re-register because it still remembers my email. If you could send a report in I would be very greatfull

Roger.

Reactions: Speedy