C400 London City Destination Board (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2016
Hello,

I have a quick question as I've never seen this on OMSI but been told It can be done by the .hof file

Is there a way to add two destination to the board at the same time? example, Go Ahead London then changes to London City then goes back to Go Ahead London and and so on

I only know the basics of the .hof file

Solution
First of all, sorry for my long absence, slightly forgot this forum existed temporarily.
More importantly though, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Some great progress there. So would you call that working in its current state, or are there any issues at all? Is it going to be possible to replicate easily now that you've figured it out?

I don't want to sound pushy here, but do you think that the multi-colour or flip-dot variants will be able to implemented now that this one works?
I guess you mean as in a slide show, where it just advances between two slides on a loop. That is possible, however not on the C400R as far as I'm aware. I know the Krueger+ displays can, but this one is trying to mimic a Hannover display which can do this in the real world, but the OMSI implementation isn't capable of this.

https://www.omsi-webdisk.de/index.php?page=Entry&entryID=149

Should be possible to mod that onto this, but it'll be a complex project :/

Advertisement

D

DVA_MEKA18

Hello,

I have a quick question as I've never seen this on OMSI but been told It can be done by the .hof file

Is there a way to add two destination to the board at the same time? example, Go Ahead London then changes to London City then goes back to Go Ahead London and and so on

I only know the basics of the .hof file
Sorry i am the one who said that but i have been busy sorry about that

I believe there's a guide on how to add it to unsupported buses somewhere in the documentation.
2014-11-01_00003.jpg
20160729195741_1.jpg

As you can see, it's very much worth it if you can work it out.

Reactions: TheSeasider

Advertisement

Here's the official wording on the Krueger+ page about making it work on other vehicles:

I won't be doing any more work on this mod, but if you want, you can make a version to work on another bus and distribute it!
The main step is to make the bus use the relevant textures for its matrix display in some way.

In the original game's Krüger matrix, the relevant textures are, in order,
  • vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 0)
  • vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 1)
  • vmatrix_voll.bmp
The above will adapt both the original matrix and the Krüger+ flip-disc matrix to that bus.

For the high-resolution LED version, the relevant textures are, again in order,
  • vmatrix_leer_led.png
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h030s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h120s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h210s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h300s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h000s0.dds
(The textures MUST be in this order for the colour mixing to work correctly!)

Then, the model configuration file(s) must be updated accordingly.

Finally, you may need to adapt the matrix script to your target bus, to make the script compatible.
Good luck!!
8fd3f19b83895ecba49e853d1a2099bc.png

I'm sure that someone cleverer than I can work out what to do with this information, but I've wanted to make this available to more buses for a long time now, I don't drive much without it.

D

DVA_MEKA18

Here's the official wording on the Krueger+ page about making it work on other vehicles:

I won't be doing any more work on this mod, but if you want, you can make a version to work on another bus and distribute it!
The main step is to make the bus use the relevant textures for its matrix display in some way.

In the original game's Krüger matrix, the relevant textures are, in order,
  • vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 0)
  • vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 1)
  • vmatrix_voll.bmp
The above will adapt both the original matrix and the Krüger+ flip-disc matrix to that bus.

For the high-resolution LED version, the relevant textures are, again in order,
  • vmatrix_leer_led.png
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h030s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h120s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h210s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h300s1.dds
  • vmatrix_voll_led_h000s0.dds
(The textures MUST be in this order for the colour mixing to work correctly!)

Then, the model configuration file(s) must be updated accordingly.

Finally, you may need to adapt the matrix script to your target bus, to make the script compatible.
Good luck!! View attachment 4558

I'm sure that someone cleverer than I can work out what to do with this information, but I've wanted to make this available to more buses for a long time now, I don't drive much without it.
Again that requires scripting changes which not many people can do as its quite advanced

Advertisement

That's the spirit! I'd try it myself, but I just keep getting confused about it. It seems it's easiest on buses that support the default OMSI Krueger display, so the Cito might be the best place to practice. Would be great to eventually get it working on the D92 though...

And of course, the RHD vehicles, once someone gets good at conversion.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread