Bus Mods BYD Sound Modification for the Enviro500

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.
Apr 9, 2017
Hi there everyone, I am currently working on several projects, and this one is one I am close to finishing.
It is a BYD motor sound mod for the Enviro500 MMC Hybrid. It sounds quite similar to the ones you would find in London.
Please note, I am still fairly new to the community, so please bear with me if I make a mistake.
Hopefully you guys will like how it sounds so far when I post a link to the video showcasing the
mod.
Thank you :P
UPDATE: The demo of the mod is down below

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2017
UPDATE NO.3:
Fixed the start of the motor sound a fair bit, will now move on to adding extra sounds
like door lock, handbrake, and some ambience.

Apr 9, 2017
UPDATE NO.4:
Will be released very soon. Very happy with how this sounds so far,
however, ambience sounds will not be included in the first release of this.
This is due to poor sound quality of the rest of the recording.
Suggest also anything else you guys would want to see in this release or some
future updates!

buttiebacon

Feb 13, 2017
Nice sounds! But what happens when the bus actually goes into electric mode, would it sound like the original electric sounds for the bus?

Apr 9, 2017
Nice sounds! But what happens when the bus actually goes into electric mode, would it sound like the original electric sounds for the bus?
Thanks alot! Well the plan was for this bus to run as a complete electric only vehicle,
so I removed the engine sounds so only the motor is audible :)

Apr 9, 2017
UPDATE NO.5
Apologies for the lack of updates. Due to me being unwell,
I put the project on hold for a bit. It will most likely not release until
at least next week. Sorry about all of this! It does mean also
that due to lack of sources for extra sounds, only the motor
sounds will come in this first update until I find another
BYD to record sounds from.
I will update you all again soon!

Liam2020

Jan 11, 2018
whats name off that sound with the beeping when put foot down pls can anyone tell me what the file called

buttiebacon

Feb 13, 2017
Thanks alot! Well the plan was for this bus to run as a complete electric only vehicle,
so I removed the engine sounds so only the motor is audible :)
i mean't like when the hybrid script goes into electric mode. So did you only change the engine sounds to the BYD electric sounds or did you change the original electric sounds in hybrid mode too?