Buying Online Bus Models For OMSI 2 (1 Viewer)

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
This Might Be Offensive To Any Bus Creators, But At The End Of The Day, It's Just A Question. So If Say I Were To Buy 3D model of Otokar Vectio 250T Bus 2007 This Coach, Would I Be Allowed To Post It On Fellowsfilm Even If I Credited And Informed The Creator
This is the worst thing to do , these models are not for omsi , high poly and there is a chance they wont work . They can also be inaccurate and out of scale

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
This Might Be Offensive To Any Bus Creators, But At The End Of The Day, It's Just A Question. So If Say I Were To Buy 3D model of Otokar Vectio 250T Bus 2007 This Coach, Would I Be Allowed To Post It On Fellowsfilm Even If I Credited And Informed The Creator

Yes you could, and no nobody would be offended - it's a model which has been put online for sale so if you buy it you can do whatever you want with it (within its license). So no there's nothing wrong with doing it and no nobody will be offended by it.

However, once you've got it, assuming you want to make it a drivable bus in OMSI, you have a huuuuuuuge amount of work ahead of you - the lack of interior shots suggests that the entire interior is basically missing apart from the seats, so that all needs modelling including the dashboard which is one of the most time-consuming parts, that particular model needs some severe poly reduction because it's been made in a very wasteful manner, the textures are set up in a way which looks good in their render and not one which will look good in OMSI so it'll probably need remapping and retexturing, and then after that there's all the normal business of interior light maps, rain maps, dirt maps, windscreen wiper cutouts (surprisingly difficult), animations, scripting, sounds... Making a bus is hard, and buying a pre-made model just takes away one of the many, many step involved.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread