Maps Buses of the Westcountry (BotW) (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Will i have done everything that it said in the read me. I made sure everything went into the right folder. Still dos not work. If theres one thing i dont get why cant map makers put everything you need into the folder that you download in the first place. I dont get it.
Because assets made by other creators aren’t allowed to redistributed unless the original says so.

Advertisement

Jan 28, 2019
Pronouns
She/Her
Installed the map yesterday however at certain points sectors of the map at missing and the AI despawn and respawn here.

Missing 3 objects that are cottages so don’t think that would affect the roads.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Installed the map yesterday however at certain points sectors of the map at missing and the AI despawn and respawn here.

Missing 3 objects that are cottages so don’t think that would affect the roads.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Yes, those missing objects will affect it. The way omsi works is that if there’s a missing object, it just won’t render the tile at all. You need to install those objects.

Reactions: GalBoots

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
ETA's are very difficult to provide, and people get upset when you don't meet them, so we aren't providing any. We've only just got the basic framework in place for the new routes. Lots of work to do.
The amount of impatience when it comes to maps and the amount of work it takes to release something of quality is one of the major factors in why maps get cancelled or never see the light of day. You as a community need to have patience as maps are not the easiest thing in the modding community to create (not putting down other mods) I think people genuinely want less detail in exchange for more routes and this is something that seems to be a common theme within this community. If that is the case then i'd probably suggest spending £20+ on the German stuff on steam because that's about the only way its gonna happen. Otherwise you need to remember this is freeware content and as such you need to be patient with it since (unlike the German Stuff) we don't get paid from it. My Efforts to get Patreon have more or less fell flat on its face and so i can certainly vouch for the fact that the effort and time it takes certainly doesn't reap any reward financially and as such Omsi content must take a back seat to full time employment. Fact is IRL is how we pay the bills and i'm sure that if we could afford to stay at home making maps some people probably would but realistically we cant and as such you need to be patient and respectful towards developers who release the content they do for the community not badger them to death with requests for release dates and ETA's.

I have an issue. The map seems to run great at 60 - 70 fps but randomly it freezes and has a massive spike and goes normal but it is occasional but it is very annoying. How do I fix this? My computer has an i7 7700k, 16gb ram and gtx 1070 so I dont know why it is spiking so bad.

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I have an issue. The map seems to run great at 60 - 70 fps but randomly it freezes and has a massive spike and goes normal but it is occasional but it is very annoying. How do I fix this? My computer has an i7 7700k, 16gb ram and gtx 1070 so I dont know why it is spiking so bad.
It's just the way OMSI loads. As you drive, it loads in new tiles which is what causes the game to freeze. OMSI just isn't a well optimised game and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. I get it too and I have a decent PC.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread