Maps Buses of the Westcountry (BotW) (2 Viewers)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I've been driving a quite a bit on BotW now, and it's a really great map! :eek:
Thanks UKDT! :D

I have however, found four bugs in the map. ;)
Two signs with misplaced mile numbers (both towards Totnes).

And with this one, it's very odd, almost as if there was an invisible parked car right on the corner, and bus always kinda gets stuck on it.

Same with this one, the (invisible car?) is to the left of the bus.

I hope these can get fixed, but I'm still really enjoying the map, thanks a lot for creating this masterpiece of a map, UKDT!

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
The thing with the signs is probably due to the way the spacing works on those signs being changed recently. And with the other issue, are you referring to hitting invisible walls? Several buildings in the map have collision boxes which are weird, so you need to drive with collisions off.
Hi iomex, thanks for your reply!

Ah I see, that's interesting! ;)
I'll switch the collisions off, then. :)

Really hyped for BotW v3! :D

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
@LeylandNationalStagecoach @iomex
Unfortunately some of BTV's buildings have incorrect collision bounding boxes which causes this problem.. I dislike disabling collisions because otherwise I can never be sure if I clipped a traffic signal, sign, bus stop shelter or parked car!
Identify the offending buildings in the map editor (it's a bit cryptic to get in to, you have to make a shortcut to OMSI.exe and add -editor to the end of the target) and click on them to find out their .sco file names. You can then find the .sco files by searching for the file name in your OMSI directory, open the .sco in notepad and replace the [boundingbox] entry with [nocollision]; if there is no bounding box specified, just add the [nocollision] tag on a new line at the end of the file. Obviously don't forget to save your changes!

tudor_st_riverside_cantonese.sco and tudor_st_laziza.sco are the ones that were causing me grief, adding [nocollision] to those has cured all my problems on BOTW 2.9

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Hi please can somone help me with Botw iv got nothing missing and I load the map and everything is there but the Please floor of the map is white everywhere how do I fix this please
View attachment 43675

That'll be low RAM. Solutions to freeing up RAM:

• Restarting your PC
  • Closing other applications
  • Use a 'game booster' type program
  • Apply the 'OMSI 4GB patch'

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
It is why I asked what happens when you drive the route. If you have low ram, then not all new textures will load, and you'd start to get more and more things with missing textures. This would definitely diagnose low ram. However, if it is ONLY the grass, then this will not be the case.

If we assume low ram, then thee above solutions will work. As they have not, we'll need to assume something else is the cause.

Have you modified the map in any way? Have you installed any other maps or mods which could be stealing the textures used by BotW? Ground surface textures are listed in global.cfg, so anything which has interfered with that file can affect it. The textures themselves are stored in ~/OMSI 2/Textures/BotW, (I forget the final folder's true name). Ensure that folder is present and that there are relevant files contained within.

As a last resort, I'd suggest simply re-downloading the map and overwriting your install with what's in the download. The only other thing I can suggest is that something has happened to the files. Usually this is the fault of 'Thorpey' maps overwriting stuff they shouldn't.

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread