Bus Talk (2 Viewers)

May 31, 2020
My local bus services are going back to normal (not my photos)

Taken before Covid but you get the idea

Attachments

• 22842958718_a13f11b8d5_z.jpg
    22842958718_a13f11b8d5_z.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 10
  • lr-dsc-0079_orig.jpg
    lr-dsc-0079_orig.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 11
Jan 24, 2020
Scania omnicitys are still in service enviro 400s are in service although some of the euro 4 ones are getting withdrawn you can get good runs on e400Hs abellio just put their 56 reg e400s back in sevice on a thrashy route (285) so London buses arent that boring atm

My favourite bus operating in London right now is the Enviro 400 (pre-MMC). In particular the Stagecoach 11, 12 and 62 reg voith vehicles

Absolutely agree. b5lh is my all time favourite bus and I love the “gravel“ sound the engine makes as its accelerating. looks great on the wright and evoseti bodied ones they have in london

cant wait for the masterbus v1.1 update to see this (and add on London for the evoseti) wonder which will be better haha

Not all hybrids are bad, but for me there are SO many terrible ones which overshadow the nice ones such as the Gemini 3 (B5LH) and the Enviro 400 MMC (both full and smart hybrid variants)

If a B5LH is your favourite ever bus. you've defo not ridden a proper Olympian or pre 2002 Dennis dart...

There are people here (like me) that won't know what a pre-2002 Dennis Dart sounds like (unless they take a trip to YouTube to find one of course xD). Also, I have personally ridden a high number of Olympian's and they are really nice (expecially the Voith engines) and have that old school British bus feeling

Disclaimer: I am from London and the only time I get to ride on Olympian's are when I would visit my nan in Warwickshire (although now there sadly withdrawn and many route changes (in that specific area) have taken place since

Advertisement

Apr 15, 2020
I live in Yorkshire. Arriva is main company near me operating the services. My bus routes are served by the Castleford depot, they have a few different types of buses like the E400 MMC's, Optare Tempo's , Commanders, E200 mini's, and Pulsars. The E200 minis are awful things to ride on tbh, the whole ride is just terrible. These are 14 plates, so not the new versions of the E200.

Apr 15, 2020
As most ALX400-bodied buses (Trident, B7TL, DB250) have been withdrawn from London, how long would we expect until they are withdrawn from the rest of the country? I hope this isn't not soon, I'd like to own a Trident from my local Stagecoach operator!

Blackpool Transport got rid of the last ones a few months ago I believe! I used to live in Blackpool and I loved riding on the tridents!

Apr 15, 2020
I loved them and they got nice thrash on the route 1 between fleetwood and some other place idk the area well

If it was route 1, it'd be between Starr Gate and Fleetwood, which goes via, the seafront in Blackpool, and Cleveleys. Lovely route to do in any double decker bus I feel. One of those routes where if you get a single decker, then it's disappointing.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread