Bus Spotting (4 Viewers)

With the news that Coastline Coaches of Rhyl were to cease their operations on Monday i headed out today to photograph their Optare MetroCity having already photographed their Solo SR in June 2018.

Here is said Optare V1152 Optare MetroCity YJ18CZG awaiting to turn onto the A494 near Corwen with the 14:35 Service 55 from Corwen to Ruthin.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
44842C18-69F1-4AFA-82B0-1FB95C52AA6A.jpeg

Early evening strikes on this Scania N270UD with an East Lancs OmniDekka bodywork. 673/YN07 UOF is seen on route 77 (breeze up to the downs) to Devils Dyke.
The 77 is the only South Downs route to not have its own branding, which the 78 & 79 have.
The 77 used to have two 03 plate N94UD convertible open-toppers, but those were sold to GNE. The route now often sees the “Get Bus(y)” special liveried Volvo B9TL Gemini 2, as well as other buses from the fleet.

Advertisement

JONESS

CSTC's Ashok Titans make me uncomfortable
Dec 22, 2017
Bournemouth
joshwojones.wixsite.com
Weymouth: a nice enough place as long as you're not getting attacked by a swarm of flying ants on an open-top bus. But had a nice enough ride on the X53 and 501 the other day, got a glimpse of one of Dekkabuses East Lancs Myllenniums, so that's nice.
Also, I have no idea if the coloring on these is right as I don't have my main PC rn, so these will probably get replaced later.
DSCF2366.JPG
DSCF2368.JPG
DSCF2388.JPG

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Weymouth: a nice enough place as long as you're not getting attacked by a swarm of flying ants on an open-top bus. But had a nice enough ride on the X53 and 501 the other day, got a glimpse of one of Dekkabuses East Lancs Myllenniums, so that's nice.
Also, I have no idea if the coloring on these is right as I don't have my main PC rn, so these will probably get replaced later.
View attachment 48932View attachment 48935View attachment 48931
The jurassic coaster omnidekkas are amazing , even though they are a little rattly they have a very nice engine sound. Did you manage to catch the b9tl in the new livery while you were there?

View attachment 48932View attachment 48935View attachment 48931
Love them! :D
Also had a bunch of flying ants this Monday on the open top SC Trident hop122 over in Paignton lol.
Wasn't too bad though, as they didn't really attack me.
Also, the colouring looks great to me. :)

Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

JONESS

CSTC's Ashok Titans make me uncomfortable
Dec 22, 2017
Bournemouth
joshwojones.wixsite.com
The jurassic coaster omnidekkas are amazing , even though they are a little rattly they have a very nice engine sound. Did you manage to catch the b9tl in the new livery while you were there?
Gotta love an omnidekka, not as nice as a 2009 optare visionaire, but they do well on that route. And yeah, got one of the b9tls back, lovely livery but those high back seats don't give as good of a view as the gemini 1s do.
Love them! :D
Also had a bunch of flying ants this Monday on the open top SC Trident hop122 over in Paignton lol.
Wasn't too bad though, as they didn't really attack me.
Also, the colouring looks great to me. :)
Thanks mate. Gotta say those stupid things took me by surprise, its been fine round purbeck, don't see why there's such a difference just an hour away. Hope you had a good one, still meaning to do the 122. I'd be more push to do so if they didn't use tridents - can't stand those high sides, but one day.

Gotta love an omnidekka, not as nice as a 2009 optare visionaire, but they do well on that route. And yeah, got one of the b9tls back, lovely livery but those high back seats don't give as good of a view as the gemini 1s do.

Thanks mate. Gotta say those stupid things took me by surprise, its been fine round purbeck, don't see why there's such a difference just an hour away. Hope you had a good one, still meaning to do the 122. I'd be more push to do so if they didn't use tridents - can't stand those high sides, but one day.
Ah nice. :D
I like the G1's better too (just from the outside design).
BTW: SC Have 6 hop122 buses, one of which is all-open (Swash Buckle the pirate-parrot), the others are half-open. :)
You're welcome, thank you for the reply as well. :)

Reactions: JONESS and Albastru

Advertisement

Last edited:

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread