Bus Spotting (1 Viewer)

Just met the first Volvo B8L again on the first day of 2020. Happy New Year????
EC9EAAFA-CCCB-4177-A138-58C9F91F5B1B.jpeg

Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Unfortunately I have no photo/video evidence of this, but tonight just outside Lincoln city centre I saw a pair of ALX400 Volvo B7TLs crossing the same bridge I was walking on, and the first one hit a bump in the road that caused it to repeatedly pitch back and forth in a comical and almost cartoonish way. When it settled down again and passed by I saw it was loaded with passengers, so the ones on the top deck must have felt like they were on a boat!
The second bus was completely normal even though it was following directly behind. For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either, but they were ex-Dublin buses now operating with Marshall's of Sutton on Trent.
What would cause such a weird occurrence? Low air pressure in the suspension? Strange distribution of weight on board? Whichever way it gave me a laugh.

Unfortunately I have no photo/video evidence of this, but tonight just outside Lincoln city centre I saw a pair of ALX400 Volvo B7TLs crossing the same bridge I was walking on, and the first one hit a bump in the road that caused it to repeatedly pitch back and forth in a comical and almost cartoonish way. When it settled down again and passed by I saw it was loaded with passengers, so the ones on the top deck must have felt like they were on a boat!
The second bus was completely normal even though it was following directly behind. For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either, but they were ex-Dublin buses now operating with Marshall's of Sutton on Trent.
What would cause such a weird occurrence? Low air pressure in the suspension? Strange distribution of weight on board? Whichever way it gave me a laugh.
Hehe sounds fun! ????
And it would be very interesting to see why and how this happened. ????
For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either
Same, with me seeing my first Renown after 4-5 years (a blue one from Brixham College I believe, I was waiting at Lupton House for the Hop12 home).

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Even more Stagecoachisms (which is definitely not a word).
P1440080.JPG

Saw this yesterday at the Lincoln depot. I assume it is in the process of being repainted into Stagecoach Chrome livery, although as you can see it still has its garish blue/orange interior and the logo stuck in the windscreen is not the new one either. Five minutes later it left the depot and went into service like this.
The wheels are in that off-grey colour the National Bus Company used.

Other than that everything seemed pretty usual, save for a couple of interloping 06 plate Tridents I'd never seen before. They seem to be from Stagecoach in Peterborough but I don't know if they're here to stay.
P1440089.JPG P1440013.JPG
Wasn't a bad day for Tridents really, although the Plaxton ones were a bit thin on the ground.

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
P1450175.JPG

My first time seeing the new Stagecoach livery in the... metal? Paint? Whichever way, Enviro 300 27634 is here in Lincoln Central bus station on 21.3.20 in the revised scheme. Luckily, no orange/yellow on the front, since most buses in pictures I've seen that have blue/yellow/white/black shoehorned onto the front in a variety of different ways look dreadful, but plain blue with some white relief in the centre is pretty decent.
It surprised me that the first vehicle I saw in the new livery was an E300, since an E400 and a couple of E200s have been running in plain white for a while but I've yet to see a plain white E300 and this one seems to have jumped the queue!

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread