Bus Spotting

Transit UK980

Luton Dunstable Bus & Train Page
Apr 27, 2017
Not been on a UK bendy in years...
Sadly these are to be replaced by a new people mover coming 2021, and I doubt anyone will be purchasing these unfortunately.
Unless one's preserved. From first hand experience I can tell you they've been very well looked after.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Unfortunately I have no photo/video evidence of this, but tonight just outside Lincoln city centre I saw a pair of ALX400 Volvo B7TLs crossing the same bridge I was walking on, and the first one hit a bump in the road that caused it to repeatedly pitch back and forth in a comical and almost cartoonish way. When it settled down again and passed by I saw it was loaded with passengers, so the ones on the top deck must have felt like they were on a boat!
The second bus was completely normal even though it was following directly behind. For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either, but they were ex-Dublin buses now operating with Marshall's of Sutton on Trent.
What would cause such a weird occurrence? Low air pressure in the suspension? Strange distribution of weight on board? Whichever way it gave me a laugh.

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Unfortunately I have no photo/video evidence of this, but tonight just outside Lincoln city centre I saw a pair of ALX400 Volvo B7TLs crossing the same bridge I was walking on, and the first one hit a bump in the road that caused it to repeatedly pitch back and forth in a comical and almost cartoonish way. When it settled down again and passed by I saw it was loaded with passengers, so the ones on the top deck must have felt like they were on a boat!
The second bus was completely normal even though it was following directly behind. For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either, but they were ex-Dublin buses now operating with Marshall's of Sutton on Trent.
What would cause such a weird occurrence? Low air pressure in the suspension? Strange distribution of weight on board? Whichever way it gave me a laugh.
Hehe sounds fun! 😄
And it would be very interesting to see why and how this happened. 🤔
For some reason it totally slipped my mind to check the identity of either
Same, with me seeing my first Renown after 4-5 years (a blue one from Brixham College I believe, I was waiting at Lupton House for the Hop12 home).

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Even more Stagecoachisms (which is definitely not a word).
P1440080.JPG

Saw this yesterday at the Lincoln depot. I assume it is in the process of being repainted into Stagecoach Chrome livery, although as you can see it still has its garish blue/orange interior and the logo stuck in the windscreen is not the new one either. Five minutes later it left the depot and went into service like this.
The wheels are in that off-grey colour the National Bus Company used.

Other than that everything seemed pretty usual, save for a couple of interloping 06 plate Tridents I'd never seen before. They seem to be from Stagecoach in Peterborough but I don't know if they're here to stay.
P1440089.JPG P1440013.JPG
Wasn't a bad day for Tridents really, although the Plaxton ones were a bit thin on the ground.

Reactions: Jacobthebus