Bus Spotting (5 Viewers)

Today in Liverpool. Giant attack.

4A9E528F-306D-4FE3-B735-6216149BD647.jpeg
CABD52EC-F0E1-4221-9C64-9B6E81F55FB7.jpeg

Advertisement

Haha, lol, poor bus! Can't believe they actually cracked that bus' window for that!
I wonder how you've captured that bus from so high up! Maybe you're the giant yourself lol! ;)
Also, a quick off-topic, I recently saw one of those buses in Totnes, a shorter Tally Ho one!
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it coming 'round the corner! :eek:

JONESS

CSTC's Ashok Titans make me uncomfortable
Dec 22, 2017
Bournemouth
joshwojones.wixsite.com
Thought it was a bit odd that I post more spottings of GSC buses than of RATP, so here's a newer Gemini 2, adhering to the shortened routes.

And we also see a change in the timetable for the X2, sadly not using the new-forest livery solo but at least it's a 'bus', I guess.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Can't believe they actually cracked that bus' window
nevermind the window, I can't believe they cut an entire bus in half!

I hope it had some kind of major chassis defect before they did this to it, since cutting up a previously perfectly fine bus is just stupid.
Cutting up a withdrawn bus ready for scrap and making it look half-decent would be more sensible, surely?

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him

I hope it had some kind of major chassis defect before they did this to it, since cutting up a previously perfectly fine bus is just stupid.
Cutting up a withdrawn bus ready for scrap and making it look half-decent would be more sensible, surely?
Apparently it was already withdrawn from what I've read on Instagram, but it's still a waste of a type of bus now rare in this country. (DAF SB250/East Lancs Myllenium Spryte).

Advertisement

Apparently it was already withdrawn from what I've read on Instagram, but it's still a waste of a type of bus now rare in this country. (DAF SB250/East Lancs Myllenium Spryte).

It's a bus. The only time an operator cares about it is if it's making money, once it stops making money it goes to scrap. No emotional investment to an object which serves the purpose of transporting people. It's likely it was more expensive to make roadworthy than to continue to operate it. Plus, it's really good PR for the event that took place in Liverpool. Certainly got a lot of people curious.

Advertisement

Mitchul

Some dude.
May 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
A bit of local Australian stuff for you all that I've taken over my time.

_DSC0580-2.jpg

_DSC0584-2.jpg

Melbourne doesn't have a rail link to the airport, so we have Skybus. Skybus is a major operator of the "CDi" which is a bus by Bustech, which is based in Brisbane. Bustech is possibly the only integral bus operator in modern Australian bus manufacturing.

35465004090_c44c3ae736_b.jpg

Australian route buses generally built here in Australia are built on an imported chassis, like this "Volgren CR228L" bodied Mercedes O500LE owned by one of my local bus companies.

35812264036_2948e91cbe_b.jpg

Another bus from one of my local bus companies is this Express Coach Builders bodied Scania K280UB. This bus company (McHarry's) is one of the largest operators of this body.

35812267836_202f91c2e3_b.jpg

The other major operator where I'm from is ComfortDelgro Cabcharge (CDC). Here is one of their older Volgren "CR221L" bodied Volvo B10BLE.

_DSC0600-2.jpg

Australia has a big long-distance coach industry and most of the country's passenger rail operators also run coach services through their respective states, like Vline does seen here. This is a Coach Concepts bodied Volvo B12B.

And here's one more for the Optare fans, which has started to make inroads into Australia:
35683840662_f582abb2ce_b.jpg

Unfortunately Australia doesn't have many imported buses from the UK and/or Europe, as we have strict design requirements. We have a maximum width of 2.5m for buses and coaches in Australia, and the majority of buses from the UK and Europe are 2.55m wide. I'd love to see VDL or Alexander Dennis make an appearance in Australia but time will tell.

Cheers,
Mitch :)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately Australia doesn't have many imported buses from the UK and/or Europe, as we have strict design requirements. We have a maximum width of 2.5m for buses and coaches in Australia, and the majority of buses from the UK and Europe are 2.55m wide. I'd love to see VDL or Alexander Dennis make an appearance in Australia but time will tell.
The Enviro200 MMC is only 2.47 metres wide (with the exception of the 10.8 metre EV which is 2.55m) but I'm not sure if there'd be a market there that's not already filled with an existing product... Scania, Volvo and BYD with Australian bodies would probably cover all bases...

Reactions: OmniWink

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread