Bus Rallies/Bus Running Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey.Stuffs

Oh that one, that does those repaints.
Apr 1, 2016
Hello people!

I am wondering if you guys go to any bus rallies or running days? I go to a few each year, as I'm in the Reading Transport Enthusiast Club.

The Reading Transport Club uses mainly one predominant bus - Routemaster RM 2208 the owner is Treasury of club, and the CEO of Reading Buses (Martjin Gilbert) allows us to take a bus to many rallies around the year and the club get to know about ideas that Reading buses are doing first (which is great, love inside news.)

But carrying on with the topic, How many of you go to bus events, whether they be open days/rallies/running days etc. Also do you go with a bus to the event?

Whiskey.

Reactions: henryhoward14
D

Deleted member 422

I go and visit Herne Bay Bus Rally if I can, you get quite a selection there. I also go to open days if I like the sound of ^_^

wardle man

Apr 16, 2016
I have only been to the BUSES festival last year but I am aiming to go to showbus which is just down the road from me this year. I have also been to trentbarton's big 100th birthday party a couple of years ago which was at their main depot.

Bus Boy

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Been to London Bus museum spring gathering, Southwest spectacular and Reading Buses Depot open day this year.

Was going to go to BUSES Festival but can't make it anymore.

Whiskey.Stuffs

Apr 1, 2016
Been to London Bus museum spring gathering, Southwest spectacular and Reading Buses Depot open day this year.

Was going to go to BUSES Festival but can't make it anymore.
I'm off to BUSES this year, I didn't go last year, I was told it good.

Whiskey.Stuffs

Apr 1, 2016
don't make me even more jealous by saying that your bringing your Routemaster.. :(
No, it's in Wales at the mo, having some new flywheel bearings put on. Not sure when the Routemaster is coming out next? We are taking Reading Buses E400 in retro Reading buses colours.

View attachment 4092

Last edited by a moderator:

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
If you want to go further afield there is the GVVT open weekend and running days in October. 8th and 9th I believe. or there is the SVBM open weekend and running day which is today and tomorrow.

Whiskey.Stuffs

Apr 1, 2016
If you want to go further afield there is the GVVT open weekend and running days in October. 8th and 9th I believe. or there is the SVBM open weekend and running day which is today and tomorrow.
Hopefully I will be going to SVBM or GVVT (I can't remember
) on Routemaster RM2208 later this year. But if I don't go on the bus, the bus will still be going, we travel on the Thursday morning up and come back on Tuesday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
The SVBM open weekend was today and yesterday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.