Bus Destination Signs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2016
Hello All,

I am hoping this is the correct place to post this, I would do it myself but I have no idea how. Would it be possible for someone to make me custom destination signs for Dennis Enviro400, Volvo B9TL Gemini2 & The New RouteMaster, or provide me the steps to follow. I'd be happy to pay for your time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
These things are all certainly possible, though it varies from bus to bus. The B9TL doesn't need anything special, just a hof file - I'm sure someone will provide you with a more detailed explanation, but this is basically a file which tells the bus what depot it's from and what destinations it can show.

The New Routemaster hasn't been released yet, so I can't tell you anything about that, and there's more than one Enviro400 out there - two HK spec ones and Rhys' not-released London one.

Advertisement

Jun 29, 2016
These things are all certainly possible, though it varies from bus to bus. The B9TL doesn't need anything special, just a hof file - I'm sure someone will provide you with a more detailed explanation, but this is basically a file which tells the bus what depot it's from and what destinations it can show.

The New Routemaster hasn't been released yet, so I can't tell you anything about that, and there's more than one Enviro400 out there - two HK spec ones and Rhys' not-released London one.

I was hoping something like this Arriva and their Logo, Rail Replacement and the digital image of the train. You get the idea
QA6wrEVU9z6XYPl8Pvh1xZzuOv0DmV75.jpeg

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
I was hoping something like this Arriva and their Logo, Rail Replacement and the digital image of the train. You get the idea

With the London buses, it can all be done from the .hof file. If you select certain repaints it does it for you. For the Arriva Logo and digital train you would have to change the font file. The NBfL and E400 I think work on the same scheme.

If you tell me what map it is for I will look into doing it for you?

Jun 29, 2016
With the London buses, it can all be done from the .hof file. If you select certain repaints it does it for you.

For the Arriva Logo and digital train you would have to change the font file.

If you tell me what map it is for I will look into doing it for you?

This would be for London Addon, If you'd like I can message you as There is a few more but there isn't many or list them here. Thank you

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
On the B9TL London and my vehicles (once they are out with the add-on), press "=" as the Line Number when setting things manually, this will come up with the National Rail Logo. Press # for the buses logo.

The E400 and NRM use rollbands for their destinations however the B9TL London has the option of rollband textures pending on the repaint. Take a look at the Metroline repaint for the variation tag. I believe the rollband textures for the B9TL London are stored in Vehicles/Anzeigen/B9TL London

Jun 29, 2016
On the B9TL London and my vehicles (once they are out with the add-on), press "=" as the Line Number when setting things manually, this will come up with the National Rail Logo. Press # for the buses logo.

The E400 and NRM use rollbands for their destinations however the B9TL London has the option of rollband textures pending on the repaint. Take a look at the Metroline repaint for the variation tag. I believe the rollband textures for the B9TL London are stored in Vehicles/Anzeigen/B9TL London

I've looked through Anzeigen/B9TL London and have found it, To change this for the B9TL to my own, I would need photoshop to change this?

View attachment 2514

Advertisement

Jun 29, 2016
The B9TL, E400 London and NRM do not have the same layout as the E400KMB, the destinations have already been made for the vehicle, so it wouldn't require you to replace them.

I know how to change .HOF file for the Vehicles but the only problem I am having is adding logos to the destination signs for the buses. Like School Bus with Photo of Children, Arriva with Company Logo, Depot with Arriva Logo and so on. I don't mind paying someone to do this for me.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I know how to change .HOF file for the Vehicles but the only problem I am having is adding logos to the destination signs for the buses. Like School Bus with Photo of Children, Arriva with Company Logo, Depot with Arriva Logo and so on. I don't mind paying someone to do this for me.

You will then need to edit the font for that specific vehicle. Which uses the P22 London font I developed which can be found in the OMSI 2 fonts folder

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I have P22_London BMP format and P22_London OFT format. Would you be able to tell me how to edit it? So I know what I am doing :)  

Edit the bmp file, and then you will need to open it in Microsoft Paint and get the coordinates for the newly places logos and program it into the oft file. I'll be doing a newer version of the font once the Johnston100 font is released for public use, I will cover all those logos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread