Maps Bristol Airport (2 Viewers)

Oct 31, 2018
It should be working just fine with the new version. Have you doubled check to make sure you've installed the pack in the correct location? Navigate to one of the folders provided to you by map tools to see if the assets are in there. If they aren't in that folder, you've probably installed BRDP incorrectly. Once you've checked that and the files are in the correct location, we can do further investigation from there.

Thanks for that. I must have stuffed up the installation of BRDP, as I did a re-install, and all working fine now. I'll leave you some feedback when I've tried it out properly, but for a beta-map, it's showing a lot of promise. Cheers!

Reactions: FirstEnviro

Advertisement

Just upgraded to V1.1 and now I just get sky and one or two people walking around. Done an advanced inspection with BCS (standard inspection found nothing wrong, nor did maptools) and it says missing Sceneryobjects/Bristol Airport/Signs/texture/NoEntry.o3d and Sceneryobjects/Bristol Airport/Signs/texture/TerminalOverhead.o3d

Would these missing files be the cause and if so, where can I get them?

Oct 31, 2018
Hi FirstEnviro!

Well, I've had a little more time to drive your Bristol AP map, and my first impressions were pretty much borne out. It's a beta, so obviously more work to be done, but as a map you can just dive into quickly if you haven't much time (without even messing with the Ibus) it shows great promise. Naturally, there are bugs, and I'll list these below (you've probably found most of them yourself). Please note: this list isn't a criticism of your work; just some things I've found that could do with fixing at some point.

1. Some of the AI buses appear to be driven by psychopaths who habitually park on the pavement and run over passengers. o_O

2. I've come across the problem, mentioned by others, that some passengers will get on the bus, punch their tickets, but then walk off the bus again.

3. Also previously mentioned are the 'undulating' road surfaces, especially noticeable in the Long Stay car-park.

4. Remaining with the Long Stay area; some of the corners in that car-park are extremely tight for a bus, especially when you have to change lanes in the middle. Also, the exit lane (after passing barriers) is also very tight where it bears left to the roundabout. Now, I don't know if this is realistic (never having used Bristol AP in real life), but if so, they must have really good drivers in Bristol. :cool:

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!

Reactions: FirstEnviro

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Just upgraded to V1.1 and now I just get sky and one or two people walking around. Done an advanced inspection with BCS (standard inspection found nothing wrong, nor did maptools) and it says missing Sceneryobjects/Bristol Airport/Signs/texture/NoEntry.o3d and Sceneryobjects/Bristol Airport/Signs/texture/TerminalOverhead.o3d

Would these missing files be the cause and if so, where can I get them?
They're included with the map, so your installation went wrong somewhere. Try re-installing it.

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi FirstEnviro!

Well, I've had a little more time to drive your Bristol AP map, and my first impressions were pretty much borne out. It's a beta, so obviously more work to be done, but as a map you can just dive into quickly if you haven't much time (without even messing with the Ibus) it shows great promise. Naturally, there are bugs, and I'll list these below (you've probably found most of them yourself). Please note: this list isn't a criticism of your work; just some things I've found that could do with fixing at some point.

1. Some of the AI buses appear to be driven by psychopaths who habitually park on the pavement and run over passengers. o_O

2. I've come across the problem, mentioned by others, that some passengers will get on the bus, punch their tickets, but then walk off the bus again.

3. Also previously mentioned are the 'undulating' road surfaces, especially noticeable in the Long Stay car-park.

4. Remaining with the Long Stay area; some of the corners in that car-park are extremely tight for a bus, especially when you have to change lanes in the middle. Also, the exit lane (after passing barriers) is also very tight where it bears left to the roundabout. Now, I don't know if this is realistic (never having used Bristol AP in real life), but if so, they must have really good drivers in Bristol. :cool:

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!
Thanks for your feedback, in regards to these comments:

1) Yeah, AI is a pain in the backside to work with. Bristol Airport was meant to be a "demo" so I could get familiar with the editor, the next update including the city centre will be more polished.

2) If it's the Citaro you're driving, yeah it's an issue with the Citaro. It looks like they're getting off, but isn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3) The Long Stay car park was a pain to work with, and it's the best I can do. Due to the fact the terrain isn't completely flat, and the fact the parking bays are there too, it's impossible to get completely flat. And it's quite bumpy in real life anyway so it's kinda simulating that. It's not perfect, but was made when I was learning the editor, so it would be more effort to fix it. Hence why i just left it so I could move on to the larger scale project.

4) Yes, the corners are this tight in real life. Not a clue what the airport were thinking when they designed it. But it is possible to get round them no problem if you do it right. ;)

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
FirstEnviro updated Bristol Airport with a new update entry:

1.1.1: AI and Route Fixes

This update focuses on main bug fixes raised such as route issues.

You are now able to complete the staff shuttle route correctly.
AI buses for the A1 and A4 routes have been added.

There are new dependencies. Please ensure you read the readme included to make sure you have all dependencies installed.

This is now the last update before 2.0, so I hope you enjoy the map before then. :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys, can't seem to work out why but all my maps run fine except for Bristol, I cannot drive near the terminal without the bus beginning to jump up and down violently. I can run larger maps fine, even loading all tiles at the start, however I have turned that off and used reduced multithreading for this map and still not able to drive this map. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Jacob

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi guys, can't seem to work out why but all my maps run fine except for Bristol, I cannot drive near the terminal without the bus beginning to jump up and down violently. I can run larger maps fine, even loading all tiles at the start, however I have turned that off and used reduced multithreading for this map and still not able to drive this map. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Jacob

Thanks
Jacob
I’m not sure of the issue myself as I haven’t experienced it. My only suggestion would be to turn off collisions, but other than that I’m not sure I’m afraid.

Reactions: jakearob97

Advertisement

Thanks
Jacob

What are the specs of your machine? Have you tried with a different bus?

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Reactions: RS1995

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
The map is still laggy by the old terminal roundabout and the A38 towards the silver zone. It was not laggy in the first version.
Probably all the cars lol. If its that much of an issue for many others I may release a quick patch. But only if I get quite a few people reporting this. This is the first I've heard of it so not sure if anyone else if having the same issue.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread