Maps Bristol Airport (1 Viewer)

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
FirstEnviro submitted a new download:

Bristol Airport - Drive around a UK airport with Bristol Airport's shuttle buses.

title1-png.33477

welcome-png.33502

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EARLY BETA RELEASE!!
If you find any issues, please let me know in the support thread so we can try and rectify the issue. Please don't leave a negative review if we can solve your issue. :)

For installation instructions, please read the readme in the downloaded...

Read more about this download...

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Whilst I am very pleased to see this and it shows a lot of promise, it is alpha and as such I have identified the following issues on my brief explore (these don't include obviously unfinished areas):
  1. By the terminal layby bays (near the retractable bollard), traffic randomly spawns here going diagonally across, then disappears
  2. Collision bounding boxes need removing for the terminal building, as you can't pull in to the layby properly. Similarly you can't even get on the roundabout here because something is creating a collision box (after this I turned collisions off because the map cannot be driven with them on)
  3. Zig zag road markings by the barrier on the parallel road are floating
  4. The warning signs here for humps and pedestrian crossing point are layered over each other on one sign
  5. Leaving the old terminal, one of the bollards on the round about is facing the wrong way
  6. Traffic on the A38 is too slow
  7. Lorries entering silver zone car park
  8. There is some nice detail airside with taxiway markings etc but this seems wasted as you can't see it without driving airside (the localiser array, buildings and static aircraft are worthwhile as you can see these from the normal roads)
  9. The barrier leaving silver zone car park is veerrryyyy close to the roof of the bus!

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Whilst I am very pleased to see this and it shows a lot of promise, it is alpha and as such I have identified the following issues on my brief explore (these don't include obviously unfinished areas):
  1. By the terminal layby bays (near the retractable bollard), traffic randomly spawns here going diagonally across, then disappears
  2. Collision bounding boxes need removing for the terminal building, as you can't pull in to the layby properly. Similarly you can't even get on the roundabout here because something is creating a collision box (after this I turned collisions off because the map cannot be driven with them on)
  3. Zig zag road markings by the barrier on the parallel road are floating
  4. The warning signs here for humps and pedestrian crossing point are layered over each other on one sign
  5. Leaving the old terminal, one of the bollards on the round about is facing the wrong way
  6. Traffic on the A38 is too slow
  7. Lorries entering silver zone car park
  8. There is some nice detail airside with taxiway markings etc but this seems wasted as you can't see it without driving airside (the localiser array, buildings and static aircraft are worthwhile as you can see these from the normal roads)
  9. The barrier leaving silver zone car park is veerrryyyy close to the roof of the bus!
Glad so far you’re liking it. I have t tested with collisions so this is something that didn’t cross my mind. I will work to get a bug fix out for that ASAP. All the other bugs I’ll aim to fix in that bug fix too.
I’m loving your attention to detail with these issues though. You’re picking up issues I missed and that’s a great thing!
Thanks for understanding. :)

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
When I try to download the rising bus bollards it says the files are corrupt
The rising bus bollards are a pain to download and I can only apologise. Try opening the downloaded file in 7Zip. Once you've got the file open in 7zip, you need to go in there and read the readme where there is an extraction password. Copy that password and then use that password to open the other zip file inside of there.
I know it's confusing, I'm looking into ways to make this simplified.

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Ok, so. Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere here. You've downloaded the file and then opened the main zip in 7zip, you then tried to open the second zip in the first zip, and then it asked you for a password? Is this correct? Seems like it's just you've entered the password wrong.

Advertisement

It worked this time but On maptools the amount of objects has stayed at 1 but everytime i try to install it, it goes up by the same object
Sceneryobjects\TheMapper\Rising Bus Bollards\bollard_metal_1.sco

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Did you copy the contents from the zip correctly into your OMSI install? Go to your OMSI installation and check if you installed correctly. You might have copied it to a wrong directory. For example, if the file is named OMSI 2, you don't copy that file into your main OMSI 2 file, you would copy it into the same directory where there is another OMSI 2 file. If that makes any sense.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread