Maps Bowdenham Rebuilding (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cfKj97R9adHV2iDJtnX8ZyDbBeWDNvxi.jpeg

Welcome back to Bowdenham...

Wasn't there already a thread? Yes, I deleted it because I restarted the project in favour of it being left path.

This is a complete reconstruction of the popular Bowdenham map by Dazza1980, on a clean slate, built using modern mapping techniques and not one single Freeman's object.

What will be included?

It's not going to be as big as the original plan, in fact there will be just 3 routes to begin with. Operators are undecided, hence the use of an Arriva bus in the screens.

554: Apsley Bus Station - Wotton High Road via St Kathryn's Hospital, Bassett, and Monkton

This will go through small villages and mostly use single lane country roads, providing a good challenge. Will run very infrequently, as there is only space for one bus at a time on the route due to the fact AI can't give way and all that.

555: Apsley Rail Station - Wotton High Road via Apsley Bus Station, St Kathryn's Hospital, Bowdenham Shops and Winterbourne Shops

This is a fairly direct route running between Apsley and Wotton, and will probably run at a frequency of about every 15 minutes. Also the only route intially not to terminate at the bus station.

556: Aspley Bus Station - Wotton High Road via St Kathryn's Hospital, Bowdenham Lincoln Road and Winterbourne

More of a round-the-houses route, serving in more depth the towns the 555 just drives right through. Expected frequency about 30 mins. Expect to contend with speed bumps, parked cars and other inconviences associated with suburbs.

AI routes are undecided.

There isn't a huge amount to show as you can see, but I wanted to get something out there.

I sometimes stream development on Twitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Sounds good. I'm wondering what Freemans objects replacements will look like. Most likely they'll be of high quality and use the correct font in its logo. I am expecting high of this map, which I'm sure will happen. :)

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
@ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation

The easiest way to describe it is if it appears in BoTW, at some point it's probably gonna crop up here as well. At the moment I'm using a large amount of default M&R buildings which at some point will be retextures.

Current object packs I'm using include btv's British Scenery Pack, whistlehead's stuff, Road-hogs stuff, and iomex's roads, as well as the O3D splines and small detail stuff. The only stuff which is not UK content or default I'm using is the O3D pack.

Reactions: Lukeyboi

Advertisement

Advertisement

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Top stuff. Just be careful to keep it true to the original - it's easy to redo sections you don't like

Good point, I've been careful to take screenshots of the areas that are being rebuilt before actually rebuilding them. Although I am redesigning a couple of areas, but most of the complete overhall will come later.

Last edited by a moderator:
@#ArrivaLeicester Actually its perfectly logical because the originals were 520-5, and while I wanted to keep it similar with 5xx prefix numbers because Yorkshire, having a series makes sense cause they all go roughly the same way. Your numbering has no logic.

The Yorkshire system is a very good one, and I agree on your idea, much simpler. However, I think @#ArrivaLeicester was trying to suggest 2 number places rather than 3.   

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
The Yorkshire system is a very good one, and I agree on your idea, much simpler. However, I think @#ArrivaLeicester was trying to suggest 2 number places rather than 3.   

I have this weird thing where one and two digit route numbers bother me ridiculously, hence why i stick to 3 digit numbers.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Going back to a previous comment about performance - the reason Bowdenham performs poorly is 80% excessive AI buses (Especially with the likes of the Citaro G these days), and 20% world density. Given that this won't feature the full set of lines - this gives scope to trim out unused roads and will come with fewer AI buses. Removing Freeman's assets will be beneficial, too - as they are often pretty poorly constructed. Without examining Joe's work, I could guess that this will run just as well as any other map.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread