Bournemouth, Poole, Wimborne, Christchurch? (1 Viewer)

As I am sure you know, buses in Bournemouth are always very busy and there are always very many. From the Yellow Buses Ratp Group and Morebus, there is are endless routes from both companies that operate in Bournemouth, Poole, Wimbourne and Christchurch. I don't think I need to talk about the potential for this being a great map for OMSI

We already have the right buses and reskins that operate in this area and now all we need is the map itself! I cannot be there only person here who would love to see a map like this and I would happily donate for it.

I have always played OMSI and enjoyed it, but I have never got into map making, i am just awful at it!

So I get down on my knees and beg map creators to get their hands dirty and have a go at making something like this, it would be brilliant!
yb.jpg
yb2.jpg
yb3.jpg
yb4.jpg
mb1.jpg
m2.jpg
mb3.jpg
mb4.jpg

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
@Wilts & Dorset has started one years ago, but he's lost all his files, the thread was closed and I have no idea if he's still going to work on it or not.
@thepantsclub You're not the only one, I would absolutely love a Poole/Bournemouth map too, as I've been there many times in the past.
Having a W&D-spec Optare Excel would be really cool too.
If someone (be it V3D or anyone else) starts one, I'd love to do repaints for it.
imageresizer

For example, I'd try to do this W&D livery for the Gemini 1 (once the enhancement pack releases, or once MS does one eventually (?), or any other bus probably).

Speaking of Bournemouth, I've started doing a TYB repaint for V3D's new 8.9m E200 MMC two days ago (if you're interested). :)

Screen_Shot_2019-09-25_at_14.06.36.png
Screen_Shot_2019-09-25_at_14.06.55.png

Exterior's just about done, it's just about the interior now.
I'll probably release it once it's all finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: V3D

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I would aswell Swanage and the whole of Dorset has always been the spiritual home of my family, therefore I would love to see one.
I agree. However I think it would be very hard to code in a working ferry (for Route 50).
Maybe it would work if at the end of the ferry where the ramp isn't deployed there's an invisible traffic light, which is red, and the other end which has it down is green (to stop traffic from falling into the water), but I feel that it'd still be next to (if not actually) impossible to have the AI cars and the player bus to move with – and stay on – the ferry.

busmadguyuk

the british omnidekka
Oct 27, 2016
I agree. However I think it would be very hard to code in a working ferry (for Route 50).
Maybe it would work if at the end of the ferry where the ramp isn't deployed there's an invisible traffic light, which is red, and the other end which has it down is green (to stop traffic from falling into the water), but I feel that it'd still be next to (if not actually) impossible to have the AI cars and the player bus to move with – and stay on – the ferry.
Or we could just use a bridge until that is possible, since the ferry is out of action in the real world

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
ive taken a look at the area and the largest issue would be asset creation, it would require multiple custom assets and would take approx 12months to do one route. Whilst i agree it would be a great project without someone dedicated to creating assets for the map its a project thats would take too long to make with todays map standards sadly as map creation isnt an easy overnight process.

Reactions: jamesrobinson

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Or we could just use a bridge until that is possible, since the ferry is out of action in the real world
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 09.53.21.png

Oh is it? :(
Sorry for the off-topic, but do you know what happened?

I've taken a look at the area and the largest issue would be asset creation, it would require multiple custom assets and would take approx. 12 months to do one route. Whilst I agree it would be a great project without someone dedicated to creating assets for the map it's a project thats would take too long to make with today's map standard's sadly as map creation isn't an easy overnight process.
Yes, you're right...
Bournemouth and Poole do have really characteristic buildings which we don't have in OMSI 2 (yet?)...
Who knows, maybe some day...

Advertisement

jamesrobinson

Banned Member
Sep 5, 2016
@Wilts & Dorset has started one years ago, but he's lost all his files, the thread was closed and I have no idea if he's still going to work on it or not.
@thepantsclub You're not the only one, I would absolutely love a Poole/Bournemouth map too, as I've been there many times in the past.
Having a W&D-spec Optare Excel would be really cool too.
If someone (be it V3D or anyone else) starts one, I'd love to do repaints for it.
imageresizer

For example, I'd try to do this W&D livery for the Gemini 1 (once the enhancement pack releases, or once MS does one eventually (?), or any other bus probably).

Speaking of Bournemouth, I've started doing a TYB repaint for V3D's new 8.9m E200 MMC two days ago (if you're interested). :)

Screen_Shot_2019-09-25_at_14.06.36.png
Screen_Shot_2019-09-25_at_14.06.55.png

Exterior's just about done, it's just about the interior now.
I'll probably release it once it's all finished.
how the tyb repaints going? @LeylandNationalStagecoach

jamesrobinson

Banned Member
Sep 5, 2016

Advertisement

BKG93

Member of Studio Polygon
Jan 2, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
I've always wanted to create a map centered on route 50, and experimented with some ferry ideas but I could never come up with a suitable solution.
Ironically I tried the idea, of modelling the ferry and then using traffic lights and paths to move the AI cars onto and off the ferry. The best I could come up with was effectively the cars driving in mid-air with the ferry underneath moving at the same speed which works fine until the ferry either starts or stops, then the speeds of the vehicles and the way they don't pull away from stationary or come to a stop in sync was the problem.

If someone can solve the ferry problem, I think there'd be a couple of people who'd have a crack at the route ????

I started work on a Bournemouth & Poole map a few months ago - so far I've been placing roads before determining just how many custom buildings will be needed, which won't be a small number I am sure.

My solution to the ferry has been to use the diversion route. I think I'd rather have a diversion rather than an attempt at a ferry that OMSI likely won't be able to handle.

The scariest thought is just how much AI there might be with a fully accurate timetable - the m1/m2 alone is almost 40 vehicles.

Reactions: HPinder5--

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread