Bouncing Buses (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

I got this bus on a different site and it installed fine. I've seen people drive it and have no problems. But whenever I spawn this bendy bus it bounces uncontrollably and doesn't stop. Any suugestions?
I used to have this issue when I had a very low-end computer. It's basically caused by a low FPS rate, and the best solution would be to lower your settings. While it may look OMSI look a little more 'dull' or 'boring' with less AI or lower graphics settings, it's the only solution as OMSI is unoptimised and is quite resource demanding. You may still experience issues depending on what bus you drive (articulated buses are quite demanding) and what map you're driving (some have more detail than others).

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I also get bouncing buses.
For some reason, I get very low framerates in BotW (mostly in the cites, countryside's generally fine) and in Cotterell (city centre).
And it really irritates me when I'm driving along, then it gets all laggy and my bus bounces up and down.

@SimCube I'll try lowering them a bit more, thanks for the info! :)

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I also get bouncing buses.
For some reason, I get very low framerates in BotW (mostly in the cites, countryside's generally fine) and in Cotterell (city centre).
And it really irritates me when I'm driving along, then it gets all laggy and my bus bounces up and down.

@SimCube I'll try lowering them a bit more, thanks for the info! :)
As @SimCube said, OMSI is un-optimised... Also, it is a 32 bit program meaning it can only run off 4gb of memory and it is a 5-6 year old game now with a really outdated systems. It doesn't seem to like newer systems as much as i have to run low settings with my I5... It just depends on your graphics settings...

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
As @SimCube said, OMSI is un-optimised... Also, it is a 32 bit program meaning it can only run off 4gb of memory and it is a 5-6 year old game now with a really outdated systems. It doesn't seem to like newer systems as much as i have to run low settings with my I5... It just depends on your graphics settings...
Thanks for your answer!

That's odd...
I have 8GB memory, and it still lags.
Any other idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance!

SprattyHeath

When in doubt, flat out
Nov 27, 2016
London
Thanks for your answer!

That's odd...
I have 8GB memory, and it still lags.
Any other idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance!
Lower your graphics settings, AI settings, sounds, and turn off "load whole map at start" it will reduce the amount of RAM you use

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread