BotW3 (1 Viewer)

botwv3logo_800.png

c0879eb92ccf39c4e045ef3ec093a636.png

This thread replaces the old one in this subforum in order to help clear any confusion with this project and its direction - given the amount of changes that have happened in recent months. Therefore, we would like to start again with a clean slate. Please disregard anything you've seen or read previously in order to prevent confusion.

BotW is a fictional representation of the south Devon area of England, set in the current era. The current public version of the map is v2.9 - which features the 35 connecting Totnes with Paignton. Note - this route does not exist in real life.

The next version of the map will be v3 - which will feature a heavily improved version of the 35, as well as an expansion of routes.

Although every effort is made to consider the performance impact of this map, it is intended to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible, and thus not recommended for low-spec systems.

OLD: Version 2.9: Buses of the Westcountry (BotW)
Version 3.0 is still work-in-progress, and therefore unavailable for download.

c0879eb92ccf39c4e045ef3ec093a636.jpeg

Updates will by posted by team members undertaking the work

Last edited:

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The map won't extend beyond its current scope. In one form or another, it has been evolving since 2012, it's taken us this long to get as far as we are - making it any bigger would just turn it into a Rig'n'Roll project. At some point when we have some spare time, we'll publish a road map of the route, however map building is the priority right now. The road structure in its entirety is 99.5% done - what we're doing now is fleshing out the scenery and adding pathing.

But I guess what we want really is some screenshots, so have a few I've taken in recent development.

Firstly, here we have the short section of road that runs past Berry Pomeroy. It'll be utilized by the faster 35 route variant (we're unsure what we're going to do with the route number - the 35 in its current form would be the slower local service, but we don't want to be renaming it to 35a, with 35 changing to be used for the faster service, so the faster service may be the X35 even though it's not a true express):

Remember, this is not the final form - there is still another level of polishing to do, it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi right now.

Next up we have an updated entry (from the Totnes direction) to Blagdon village. This is where you turn off the main road, do a sharp right then go over the bridge. The first picture you will see is an overview after I removed and re-placed the road, followed by screenshots of the area furnished with scenery:

I also replaced the bodge bridge with something custom-made (please note that I've not put the full complement of faux shadowing in, and the textures want to be adjusted to be less jarring):

Here we have the Blagdon bypass road, again, to be used by the faster 35 service:

And finally, just a few miscellaneous screenshots of areas that have been touched up a little more:

As for what we're working on right now - unfortunately the crossroads junction at the top of Totnes Hill is not possible to be pathed, and the lane merge deflection was too severe - so the layout has had to be changed to allow a more realistic layout that can be pathed correctly. Here are a few screenshots of the overview:

Lastly, I'd like to apologize for neglecting this thread - it's just simply easier to drop a few screenshots on Facebook occasionally rather than post here, but I'll make more of an effort in future.

Advertisement

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
The map won't extend beyond its current scope. In one form or another, it has been evolving since 2012, it's taken us this long to get as far as we are - making it any bigger would just turn it into a Rig'n'Roll project. At some point when we have some spare time, we'll publish a road map of the route, however map building is the priority right now. The road structure in its entirety is 99.5% done - what we're doing now is fleshing out the scenery and adding pathing.

But I guess what we want really is some screenshots, so have a few I've taken in recent development.

Firstly, here we have the short section of road that runs past Berry Pomeroy. It'll be utilized by the faster 35 route variant (we're unsure what we're going to do with the route number - the 35 in its current form would be the slower local service, but we don't want to be renaming it to 35a, with 35 changing to be used for the faster service, so the faster service may be the X35 even though it's not a true express):

Remember, this is not the final form - there is still another level of polishing to do, it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi right now.

Next up we have an updated entry (from the Totnes direction) to Blagdon village. This is where you turn off the main road, do a sharp right then go over the bridge. The first picture you will see is an overview after I removed and re-placed the road, followed by screenshots of the area furnished with scenery:

I also replaced the bodge bridge with something custom-made (please note that I've not put the full complement of faux shadowing in, and the textures want to be adjusted to be less jarring):

Here we have the Blagdon bypass road, again, to be used by the faster 35 service:

And finally, just a few miscellaneous screenshots of areas that have been touched up a little more:

As for what we're working on right now - unfortunately the crossroads junction at the top of Totnes Hill is not possible to be pathed, and the lane merge deflection was too severe - so the layout has had to be changed to allow a more realistic layout that can be pathed correctly. Here are a few screenshots of the overview:

Lastly, I'd like to apologize for neglecting this thread - it's just simply easier to drop a few screenshots on Facebook occasionally rather than post here, but I'll make more of an effort in future.

These screenshots really show that some amount of time and effort has been put into the map. You've really captured the Devon countryside feel looking at the screenshots!

I'll look forward to seeing this map released in the future and seeing further development.

JB,

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him

Map looks absolutely incredible. I've seen all the facebook pics as well and this could quite possibly be the best UK map for omsi in the future. Can't wait to drive on it! :)

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
the amount of effort and time that goes into making this map, i would be willing to pay (payware) for it plus any additional content and on/or steam. Keep up the good work! :)
Yeah so, the actual BotW v3 release on Steam will be free, but afterwards there will be an Extension Add-ons for BotW v3 and Cotterell, which will be payware. :)
At least that's what I've heard.

Reactions: intelinsidei5

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
Yeah so, the actual BotW v3 release on Steam will be free, but afterwards there will be an Extension Add-ons for BotW v3 and Cotterell, which will be payware. :)
At least that's what I've heard.
Maybe iomex will be able to offer that clarity now or at a later date when he feels it's necessary to do so

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
It certainly is. :)
They merged the Torre Abbey Sands area onto Paignton. ????????
Lol. You must admit they are doing a great job. Are they still merging Cotterell and BoTW together? Or is that just going to be a massive lag bomb?

Hey iomex I'm just asking if BOTW Legacy Edition will be back or was it just for previews or BETA coz I really want to try it out but I dont think asking for a map is a good idea sorry if bothered you.
We think that the route PR1 will be put onto BoTW v3 seeing as it is currently an AI route in 2.9.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread