BotW3 (1 Viewer)

botwv3logo_800.png

c0879eb92ccf39c4e045ef3ec093a636.png

This thread replaces the old one in this subforum in order to help clear any confusion with this project and its direction - given the amount of changes that have happened in recent months. Therefore, we would like to start again with a clean slate. Please disregard anything you've seen or read previously in order to prevent confusion.

BotW is a fictional representation of the south Devon area of England, set in the current era. The current public version of the map is v2.9 - which features the 35 connecting Totnes with Paignton. Note - this route does not exist in real life.

The next version of the map will be v3 - which will feature a heavily improved version of the 35, as well as an expansion of routes.

Although every effort is made to consider the performance impact of this map, it is intended to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible, and thus not recommended for low-spec systems.

OLD: Version 2.9: Buses of the Westcountry (BotW)
Version 3.0 is still work-in-progress, and therefore unavailable for download.

c0879eb92ccf39c4e045ef3ec093a636.jpeg

Updates will by posted by team members undertaking the work

Last edited:

Advertisement

I'm so happy that BOTW3 is nearly finished, but I think it should hold on as I have tons of things planned for BOTW3's Ai list, for example: adding Studio Polygon E400 MMC Scania 10.4m to the 35/X35 route. But idk about the other routes tbh?

That down there is a file full of Ai list for other maps and also for BOTW3 :D that I've planned.

Attachments

• Ai Buses List for Maps and upcoming SP E400 MMC.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Advertisement

iiBus

Edinburgh bus enthusiast & Downloads moderator
Downloads Moderator
Outreach
Mar 8, 2020
Scotland, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm so happy that BOTW3 is nearly finished, but I think it should hold on as I have tons of things planned for BOTW3's Ai list, for example: adding Studio Polygon E400 MMC Scania 10.4m to the 35/X35 route. But idk about the other routes tbh?

That down there is a file full of Ai list for other maps and also for BOTW3 :D that I've planned.
you can't add it to the ai list as some people might get the map but not get the bus

you can't add it to the ai list as some people might get the map but not get the bus
No this is just a list of maps. that will get the DLC E400 MMC, and when it comes out then I will test it for (BUGS) then if there are no bugs then I will add it to some maps that suit it :D.
And also maybe a Ai list if I could get it working since I've been making Ai lists for 3 months already.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
I just flickr’d through and found this. This will interest some.

For now, I think that livery would work well on a Fleetline - personally, I think a bus in the 'coaching' livery seen here could work especially well on the 525. I think I could work on a Devon General repaint, blinds and AI mod for BoTW 3.0 when it comes out, though I've always thought that Paignton/Totnes was Western National territory?

For now, I think that livery would work well on a Fleetline - personally, I think a bus in the 'coaching' livery seen here could work especially well on the 525. I think I could work on a Devon General repaint, blinds and AI mod for BoTW 3.0 when it comes out, though I've always thought that Paignton/Totnes was Western National territory?
From Wikipedia,
By 1929 the western boundary had settled at Kingswear, Totnes, Buckfastleigh and Okehampton, with Western National having control beyond.
This shows that Devon General ran up to Totnes. I've seen pictures of them in Paignton on Flickr as well.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Sorry to ask here but what is that error?

Lesen von Adresse 00000001: CMO.PrepCamForNextFrame

It happens when you have attach to spline / object and if something goes wrong you loose all your scenery! It's an interesting bug but what is it?

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Click off, create new spline, delete it. Backup your map before you start this. Save after you've done it, reload the map. If it's still knackered, restore from backup.

Regarding the above - our representation of the area sits within the ex-Devon General district. The ex-DG district is now Stagecoach operated, and the Western National district (save Plymouth), is operated by Firstbus. There used to be some Firstbus routes that ran in to the area, so wouldn't be unusual to see a Western National bus in the area. I don't know how many of these routes there were, but I believe the last was the X81 to Plymouth which stopped sometime around 2012?

PS -

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
Click off, create new spline, delete it. Backup your map before you start this. Save after you've done it, reload the map. If it's still knackered, restore from backup.

Regarding the above - our representation of the area sits within the ex-Devon General district. The ex-DG district is now Stagecoach operated, and the Western National district (save Plymouth), is operated by Firstbus. There used to be some Firstbus routes that ran in to the area, so wouldn't be unusual to see a Western National bus in the area. I don't know how many of these routes there were, but I believe the last was the X81 to Plymouth which stopped sometime around 2012?

PS -

X80 was Plymouth to torquay via Paignton operated by first group.

X81 was Torquay to dartmouth again operated first bus Plymouth.

Belive there was out outstation in Totnes from their main operations in Plymouth. The X80 and 81 was then taken over by stagecoach running under gold brand from 2015. There was 2 separate gold services covering exactly what first previously operated, both running hourly.

The Torquay to Dartmouth gold didn't last too long and then become served by route x64 running dartmouth to Exeter. The spare vehicles then increased the Torquay to Plymouth gold to half hourly service.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread