Maps Blackpool (1 Viewer)

Welcome to my map for OMSI of Blackpool and the surrounding areas served by Blackpool Transport. The map is based around 2011 and will be as close to the real thing as I can get it.

Initially the map will focus on the Line 3 which runs between Mereside Tesco and Cleveleys Park. As time goes on I will add more lines, but am focusing on the Line 3 to begin with.

hmpBfo1igaGSwj8IXmzjeWCnXdXSqcuV.jpeg

I have started work at Tesco Mereside and am working towards the town centre and then onwards towards Bispham and then Cleveleys.

In real life the Line 3 operated using Optare Solos, however as there are no legal Optare Solos out there, I have repainted the Enviro 200 for now.

Tesco Mereside

Langdale Road

Cherry Tree Road/Cherry Tree Road N

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2016
Been laying down lots of road along Park Road, made the junction at the end of Park Road and Church Street entirely of splines, also has 2 sets of traffic lights which Ive included.

S2WVW24w_egmDs9izZrR1SIp_uwrObTv.jpeg

Need to find somewhere else to host my photos, Photobucket (which Ive used for years) is full of adverts and is barley usable...any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to suggest imgur, but that keeps breaking because it's constantly overloaded... Flickr is another alternative that I know Rhys uses, although it too is slow since the latest changes too... Of course, there's always the "Upload a File" button below the reply button on each page that'll allow you to upload the images directly to the site, there's no ads here at all! :)

Reactions: Kirkby_Solo
Sep 12, 2016
I want to suggest imgur, but that keeps breaking because it's constantly overloaded... Flickr is another alternative that I know Rhys uses, although it too is slow since the latest changes too... Of course, there's always the "Upload a File" button below the reply button on each page that'll allow you to upload the images directly to the site, there's no ads here at all! :)

Never thought of that! I'm somewhat living in the dark ages when you had to store your photos and embed them!

Now that's sorted...on with the map! Decided I might re make my other junction out of splines....

Advertisement

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Coming along nicely now :) Still looks like you need to smooth off your curves a little more, as they're still a little sharp, but otherwise this is turning into a project to watch

Sep 12, 2016
Map is still going but not a lot of screenshots to post as I've been mainly filling in gaps and laying down road.

However if anyone knows how I can have a traffic light that shows green all the time, simply because it's there in real life for a pedestrian crossing but I have no plans to make it an actual pedestrian crossing?

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread