Best Steering Wheel (on a budget!) (1 Viewer)

Hi all.

The title of this kind of says it all. I'm growing tired of using the keyboard and mouse routine so would like to try and get the realistic feel that a steering wheel would offer. I've had my eye on the Logitech GT Driving Force but even on eBay, secondhand, it's still a little too expensive. I currently have around £50 to play with so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Solution
The G920 is a good wheel but the one big issue with it is the VERY stiff brake pedal. It has a piece of rubber inside the mechanism which makes it very hard to press and I've found with OMSI is that you either don't slow down or when you press it a little bit more you end up stopping dead so you have to find the sweet spot when braking.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 94F96B35-0548-41DB-A4D5-E02DC2D0776E.png
    94F96B35-0548-41DB-A4D5-E02DC2D0776E.png
    109 KB · Views: 9
Aug 1, 2016
Wales
With the Logitech DFGT you'll need to install this: Driving Force™ GT - Logitech Support
There you'll be able to configure everything to do with your wheel. Make sure the pedals are inserted into the wheel too, as mine sometimes comes out if I'm not careful. I recommend using USB 2.0 to connect it as I've experienced issues myself with USB 3.0, but every system is different.

I'd recommend starting to configure it with ETS2 or ATS, because their configurations are easier to understand at first, and have an easy 'first time setup' tool pre-installed.
Once you've got the hang of it, head over to OMSI to configure your wheel. Don't forget that you need to select it in the Game Controllers tab.

Advertisement

Apr 10, 2016
The G920 is a good wheel but the one big issue with it is the VERY stiff brake pedal. It has a piece of rubber inside the mechanism which makes it very hard to press and I've found with OMSI is that you either don't slow down or when you press it a little bit more you end up stopping dead so you have to find the sweet spot when braking.

Solution
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread