Best Chassis? (1 Viewer)

dk-

Jun 25, 2015
I have read many articles on this and I was wondering what your guys preference was on different chassis? Do you guys run different trucks with different chassis types? Because I am a broke college student I am currently having to use an Xbox 360 Controller so is there a chassis you would recommend for better maneuvering through cities?

4x2 chassis is the cheapest of all the chassis and also bigger tank capacity with a normal turning point but the harder part of it while having a load and turning quick to 60mph it could turn your truck down,
6x4 chassis is used for heavy loads with great handling on it and specially used for off-road but lower turning point without load,
6x2 (6x4-2) chassis has more turning point for unloaded/forward driven with trailer and cheaper wheel repair ; and
6x2*4 is the best for handling heavy loads/off-roads, have better turning point, fuel saving, nut much wheel repair and fuel capacity.

For my experience, I would like to share my opinion about the chassis options: 4x2 is the cutest and can have the shield/guard for the fuel tank, 6x4 is the most general type of chassis where I'd prefer to use in the first time I'd use it, 6x2 (6x4-2) is the worst and I hate when I'm turning with this chassis, the trailer always stuck in the edge of the turning road, The Best I would recommend is the 6x2*4 because it has the feature to have the highest turning point but the trailer acts to follow delayed to not experience hang on the turning road and also the trailer is more likely stable but delayed follow.

Reactions: dk-

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Basically, the 6x4 chassis is the most stable and the easiest to handle as it's more relaxed due to the extra length. It is also great for heavy loads as you have the extra rubber on the ground for power.

On my Volvo FH16 Classic 750hp I use a 6x4 taglift axle. This is because when I'm hauling I can put the taglift down for more grip and power. However darting around town I can benefit from the tighter turning circle of a 4x2. On my Mercedes New Actros I use a 4x2 simply because it looks nicer with a larger fuel tank and sideskirts.

Now, taglift and midlift axles I hear you ask?
Taglift as I suggested, gives you the benefits of a 6x4 but with the rear axle up you can turn like a 4x2 (tighter turning). Also with less rubber on the ground you will consume less gas.

Midlift is purely about power and fuel consumption, with the axle up or down your turning radius is the same. Put the axle down for more power or lift it up and reserve fuel.

Summary:
Heavy hauling? 6x4 (tag/mid lit is your choice)
Cosmetic looks but sacrificing some power on heavy loads? 4x2 and put some beautiful skirts on it.

Reactions: dk-

dk-

Jun 25, 2015
4x2 chassis is the cheapest of all the chassis and also bigger tank capacity with a normal turning point but the harder part of it while having a load and turning quick to 60mph it could turn your truck down,
6x4 chassis is used for heavy loads with great handling on it and specially used for off-road but lower turning point without load,
6x2 (6x4-2) chassis has more turning point for unloaded/forward driven with trailer and cheaper wheel repair ; and
6x2*4 is the best for handling heavy loads/off-roads, have better turning point, fuel saving, nut much wheel repair and fuel capacity.

For my experience, I would like to share my opinion about the chassis options: 4x2 is the cutest and can have the shield/guard for the fuel tank, 6x4 is the most general type of chassis where I'd prefer to use in the first time I'd use it, 6x2 (6x4-2) is the worst and I hate when I'm turning with this chassis, the trailer always stuck in the edge of the turning road, The Best I would recommend is the 6x2*4 because it has the feature to have the highest turning point but the trailer acts to follow delayed to not experience hang on the turning road and also the trailer is more likely stable but delayed follow.
Thank you so much for the in-depth explanation!

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I find that the 6x2 chassis will hold the road much better than 4x2 or 6x4, although I use the 4x2 chassis usually to take advantage of the bigger size tanks! Lets you drive much further without stopping :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread