Battery Powered Trucking! - What do you think?! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
So I saw some more cool things from Tesla earlier today showing their cars driving through floods and then tweets from CEO Elon Musk suggesting you can actually use the car as a boat for a short period of time, even though it's not recommened!

Reminded me of a few articles I saw earlier in the week so I did some searching and I found them again! If you've not seen it yet, here you go! :)

pidzdg0oeecqzxrkybsa.JPG

Is this the future?! Now it's not fully electric, the batteries are recharged by a turbine engine but I suspect it's the closest we'll get for a while.. The company developing this truck, Nikola Motor Company, claim to have a huge amount of pre-orders for it (we don't know how true that is!) so some haulier somewhere must be interested in it!

Features in the cabin include:
  • One or two full sized beds
  • Large 4K TV
  • Full size fridge and freezer
  • Microwave
  • Large closet for hanging clothes
  • Computer desk
  • Apple TV integrated
  • WiFi and 4GLTE Internet connectivity
  • Electronic climate control
Certainly sounds more comfortable than the current line up from Peterbilt, Volvo, Kenworth and the rest! So what do you recon? Going in the right direction or should be stick with proper diesel engines for as long as possible? :P

Full article here: http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/new-ev-company-claims-to-have-2-3-billion-in-pre-order-1781909567

Reactions: PaperPlaneLogistics

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Pretty weird looking truck ! :p
It reminds me the "Freightliner Insipiration" / "Freightliner Supertruck" or the "Mercedes Future truck 2025" :
539c1e950eb8452dbe92a37b38633e70.png

012a2e1466f743e39e257dc85f744662.png

21eea06a57794e6bb36013c863e326c0.png

For me, all these trucks are pretty much the same, with a strange look :p
But it can be really interesting & important for the future, the pollution etc.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
All on an electric motor... All that electrical equipment, the driver convenience, the weight.... On a mostly electric truck.... Yeah I'm dubious to see how well that will work and whether or not average gas mileage is any better. Batteries weigh a LOT. Unless they're created super lightweight ones, I don't have high hopes. Good concept though!

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread