Maps Barry / Y Barri

BailsBach

Aug 1, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm back, but this time with a friend, @WelshWizard , to create the updated and non-fiction adaptation of Barry in OMSI 2.

Barry is the biggest town in Wales, UK, and features many bus routes and a collection of iconic scenery throughout.

A while back I started this project on my own using default German assets and IomexLH splines. But, this time around me and WelshWizard have decided to do everything as realistic as possible, which means we are going to use custom textures and buildings, better objects, and more. The map will feature all iconic landmarks such as:

- The Town Square.
- Schools.
- Barry Hospital.
- The Waterfront.

You will drive past these on the first release route; the 97 (operated by Cardiff Bus). We possibly aim to finish this map in as little time as possible, and hopefully will be able to create more routes which could even stretch into the Vale of Glamorgan or Cardiff. Of course, we'll leave that one to @btv for now. ;)

Credit to O3D, RoadHog123 and Iomex for making the objects / splines used so far. Please comment or pm me if you're unhappy for me to use them in this pack (credit will be given once the map releases, of course).

Here's a few 'taster' screenshots of 'Winston Road, Barry'. Please leave any feedback on realism / placements, or anything you feel needs tweaking.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Citaro2013

Jul 27, 2016
Looking at google maps of the bus stop on Winston Road, WOW. amazing job so far - i would say that from the corner of the bus stop to the right turn off ahead is a little longer (29.8704m).

Iomex does have pavement splines with no curb which could be used between bus top and the walls

its a good start, keep it up and will look forward to progress

Reactions: BailsBach

BailsBach

Aug 1, 2016
Looking at google maps of the bus stop on Winston Road, WOW. amazing job so far - i would say that from the corner of the bus stop to the right turn off ahead is a little longer (29.8704m).

Iomex does have pavement splines with no curb which could be used between bus top and the walls

its a good start, keep it up and will look forward to progress
Thanks! I'll post more screenshots as it goes along. :)

Reactions: Citaro2013
D

Deleted member 422

Its a decent start, although I did spot a few things:

There is some speedhumps in the third picture the wrong way round :)
As said already, Iomex has a vast range of splines which do include oneside kerbs and no kerb splines.

The next bits are a little picky, but it does improve maps vastly:

The road markings are incorrect, you have the normal centreline spline in place whereas it should be the warning spline (abbreviated to warn in the Road-Hog123 packs).
Lastly, I do believe I was talking to Welsh Wizard about them speedhumps, the real-life ones are currently possible to make, its just very complicated. I was looking into modelling pre-set ones, so I will talk to Greg later :)

For your second attempt, this is a decent start and looks promising. Hope you keep this up and good luck with it all :)

BailsBach

Aug 1, 2016
Its a decent start, although I did spot a few things:

There is some speedhumps in the third picture the wrong way round :)
As said already, Iomex has a vast range of splines which do include oneside kerbs and no kerb splines.

The next bits are a little picky, but it does improve maps vastly:

The road markings are incorrect, you have the normal centreline spline in place whereas it should be the warning spline (abbreviated to warn in the Road-Hog123 packs).
Lastly, I do believe I was talking to Welsh Wizard about them speedhumps, the real-life ones are currently possible to make, its just very complicated. I was looking into modelling pre-set ones, so I will talk to Greg later :)

For your second attempt, this is a decent start and looks promising. Hope you keep this up and good luck with it all :)
Thanks, just noticed this too! Glad you picked up on it.

Hope you look forward to seeing the next updates.

Reactions: Deleted member 422

BailsBach

Aug 1, 2016
5.jpg

6.png

Minor update -

Extended the road from Winston Road start / terminus to the end crossing of Merthyr Dyfan Road, which then merges onto the A4050.
The route would take you to the left, which carries on heading back to Barry.
Going right would lead you to either Culverhouse Cross or to the Barry MC Donald's.

Created the crossing to turn right along the 97.
I will post an updated version with all roadmarks included soon!

Last edited:

Stevewoolski

Mar 8, 2016
@BailsBach following this with great interest! looks like a fantastic start so far :) loving all the welsh content in the pipeline, yourself and @btv are certainly working hard for the community! highly appreciated, keep up the great work

Reactions: BailsBach

BailsBach

Aug 1, 2016
@BailsBach following this with great interest! looks like a fantastic start so far :) loving all the welsh content in the pipeline, yourself and @btv are certainly working hard for the community! highly appreciated, keep up the great work
Thanks mate! It's not only me and btv, my friend and 'colleague' @WelshWizard has been a HUGE help and has done a vast majority of the work, we're both a part of the team called 'Construction Cymru', unfortunately though btv is not ;)

Kind words appreciated! :)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
It looks like you're making a good start, but I spy Iomex's old textures on those junctions there, which means that releasing the map might cause compatibility issues which would get it rejected - you may want to see if you can try to update it to a more recent version such as the one included in BotW 2.7.1 (I do realise that versions of that pack are currently a little confusing to get your head around - it's being largely reconstructed at the moment)

D

DVA_MEKA18

It looks like you're making a good start, but I spy Iomex's old textures on those junctions there, which means that releasing the map might cause compatibility issues which would get it rejected - you may want to see if you can try to update it to a more recent version such as the one included in BotW 2.7.1 (I do realise that versions of that pack are currently a little confusing to get your head around - it's being largely reconstructed at the moment)
Wait What i used that for bowdenham Uh Oh