Bad spot south of Carson City, NV

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
My truck and I fell into a cyber hole south of Carson City, NV. Im running the Coast to Coast map 1.8. Ive uploaded some pics into the Steam cloud that shows my truck and I out in space. Anyone else experience this?

I went back into game and all my Coast to Coast mod is wiped out. No roads or cities or even statelines.

I tried to reinstall the mod and no change; I left it out and still no roads or states. I re-downloaded the Coast to Coast 1.8 mod again and reinstalled it. That seems to have fixed it. I will post anything else that might come up. ... thought maybe it might be the Volvo truck I had just bought. It was my first run with it; a 780 mod I think. I switched back to a KW for now. Game is working great.

Last edited:

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
I never tried the Coast to Coast map, but a friend recommended it to me. So maybe I'll try one day :p
Maybe you fell under the map because of a "transparent road" (no texture), but it's pretty weird that there was nothing after going back in the game..
It could be a mod compatibility issue (maybe the Volvo mod).

Reactions: Captain Zero

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
@David040700 , thanks for the reply David! I do enjoy the Coast to Coast map. It's much better than being out west all the time.

I agree that the Volvo truck mods may be the culprits in this weird event. Just have to keep trucking with what I have now and see what happens. Thanks again!

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
Update: I put myself back in the Volvo 670 that I had the trouble with recently ( see above post ). I have been over to North Carolina, Virginia, down to Florida and then working my way back to the West Coast. So far, no problems at all. I plan to try that little stretch of road I had trouble with as soon as I get done with current load. I'll see if I get to visit acid alley again. :)

Last edited:

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
It happened again. I was in the Volvo 670 and heading to Reno about 2 hours out. And fell into another cyber hole. My gut feeling is that it is the Volvo interacting with the Coast to Coast 1.8 mod that is the cause. And possibly some texture issues as @David040700 stated above.

Last edited:

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
It happened again. I was in the Volvo 780 and heading to Reno about 2 hours out. And fell into another cyber hole. My gut feeling is that it is the Volvo interacting with the Coast to Coast 1.8 mod that is the cause. And possibly some texture issues as @David040700 stated above.
Thank you for the information !

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
Happened again for the third time. This time I was in a Peterbilt 579 with a load from San Francisco to Jackpot NV. I got within an hour of Reno and the game let go. Cyber hole again! So it's not the Volvo.

I think it's a mod I have that is not compatible with Coast to Coast 1.8. Could it be the trailer? I'm thinking I'll just go back in close to where I was, drop the trailer and see if I can get through. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
Happened again for the third time. This time I was in a Peterbilt 759 with a load from San Francisco to Jackpot NV. I got within an hour of Reno and the game let go. Cyber hole again! So it's not the Volvo.

I think it's a mod I have that is not compatible with Coast to Coast 1.8. Could it be the trailer? I'm thinking I'll just go back in close to where I was, drop the trailer and see if I can get through. Any other suggestions?
Or maybe it's just the the Coast to Coast map ! A map mod can be bugged, even without any other mod activated.

Captain Zero

Jul 8, 2016
Favourite Truck
LoneStar
@David040700 , you are probably right. I like to test things out a bit before I give a prognosis. But it does look like a bug in the map. I was just wondering why nobody else come forward as to having the problem. Anyway, I will report it to the modders so they can look into it. Thank you for your input!

I figured it out. I had put both the I-10 fix mod and the Reno freeway fix mod into my game awhile back. It was the Reno freeway fix that was causing the hole. I took out the Reno fix mod and everything is working fine now except I have no Peterbilt shops. I got to the one in Reno and there was no green truck to welcome me in. The green wrench was over in the shop area but no Peterbilts. I already have 40 trucks so I have all the Peterbilts unless something new comes up. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: David.Ikaël