B9TL Gemini 1 - Model & Texturing Help (1 Viewer)

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
Hello everyone, a few days ago i wanted to start making the B9TL Gemini 1. However, i've got the front for the model and the rear bumper sorted, i just need help with one thing and then the textures. This is what it looks like ingame so far:
upload_2017-5-21_18-38-50.png
upload_2017-5-21_18-39-20.png

upload_2017-5-21_18-40-42.png

If you're wondering, the Rear bumper was taken from the Gemini 2 London varient and still needs properly texturing. However a bigger issue is with the front, where the windshield from the original Gemini 2 has a gap between the Gemini 1 front, and also the Number Plates need fixing too.

I also need to have the textures sorted for the front as well. If anyone is able to help me out with creating textures for the rear bumper and the front, and is able to help me fix the front windshield i'd be very grateful. I'm also going to end up replacing the seating with Whislehead's Civic seats once the exterior is done to match up with the real life counterparts.

Edit: I now have permission from the author to continue work on it.

Last edited:

Advertisement

FirstBro

So if you haven't got in contact with AD156 to get the model files, then how have you got them? Would this be through the Illegal o3d converter?
Sounds (and looks to me) as if you're using the illegal 3D Converter. How ironic!
Would this be the "Illegal" converter? If so i had no idea this was illegal and no one told me it was.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016
Would this be the "Illegal" converter? 3D Object Converter If so i had no idea this was illegal and no one told me it was.
Depends. Some people like Helvete (I think is the right person) tells people they can edit the FL Citaro by opening it with this program, which is fine as the author says you can do this to get access to their work.
Using it when the author hasn't given permission/has not let you edit the files does begin to be problematic though.

FirstBro

Depends. Some people like Helvete (I think is the right person) tells people they can edit the FL Citaro by opening it with this program, which is fine as the author says you can do this to get access to their work.
Using it when the author hasn't given permission/has not let you edit the files does begin to be problematic though.
Indeed it is.
Well i've asked him and i'm waiting for a reply so i'm not working on it anymore until he says it's okay, thanks for notifying me. And i am sorry that i didn't know that the program wasn't allowed to be used.

Reactions: Mystic Greg

Advertisement

FirstBro

The textures are because it is using the old repaint template file. It will need to be in the texture folder of this one with a few tweaks made to the model CFG and [CTCTexture] code. With the front windscreen you could use the old B7TL one and see if that fits on properly
Do you think you could help me out with it? Kinda new to this stuff so :)
will this be a private beta before release or just uploaded and have a few updates if needed?
It'll probably be private beta, but i'm not sure yet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread