B7RLE? (1 Viewer)

JoshYouWerLad

Top IRL Bus Driver
Sep 1, 2016
West Yorkshire
Just a quick one... I have heard about a Volvo B7RLE - Wright Eclipse Urban being WIP along with a Streetlite and Renown... Just wondering if there are any pictures of these? Not seen them or heard about them much due to being busy the past few months.

Any info/pics welcome haha.

JoshYouWerLad.

Reactions: RS1995
D

Deleted member 422

Just a quick one... I have heard about a Volvo B7RLE - Wright Eclipse Urban being WIP along with a Streetlite and Renown... Just wondering if there are any pictures of these? Not seen them or heard about them much due to being busy the past few months.

Any info/pics welcome haha.

JoshYouWerLad.
No Streetlite, No Renown, No B7RLE. That's the simple answer.

They have all been cancelled publically. Some still exist as private projects but you will not be able to get your hands on them.

Advertisement

JoshYouWerLad

Top IRL Bus Driver
Sep 1, 2016
West Yorkshire
Ah thought so. Wasn't wanting to find them to download. & Yes, @Jason I have done 3 First Group liveries for Lowlanders B7L with re-modelled front end.
8276d56b22b0f1c781b67ce9f8d220fe.jpeg

8276d56b22b0f1c781b67ce9f8d220fe.jpeg

D

Deleted member 422

Reactions: shanie

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
The B7L has a vertically mounted engine "shower cubicle" which allows for a flat aisle throughout. But it didn't sell very well in the UK or Australia, so Volvo chopped the arse off and welded on the rear of a B7R coach, creating a step just before the rear axle with the engine mounted below the floor, which they called the B7RLE (LE standing for Low Entry, whereas L stands for Low floor).

They're very easy to tell apart as a B7L only has a 2/3 width rear window, a B7RLE has a full width rear window.

The B7TL (standing for 7 litre, Transverse engined, Low floor) is the double-decker chassis. This has a transverse (sidewards) mounted engine but there isn't any floor or seats above it because of the restrictive ceiling height in the lower saloon.

And so ends the tale of Volvo's B7 series (at least in the UK). EDIT: I forgot about the B7LA (where the A stands for articulated)

Last edited:
Reactions: RS1995
D

Deleted member 422

The B7L has a vertically mounted engine "shower cubicle" which allows for a flat aisle throughout. But it didn't sell very well in the UK or Australia, so Volvo chopped the arse off and welded on the rear of a B7R coach, creating a step just before the rear axle with the engine mounted below the floor, which they called the B7RLE (LE standing for Low Entry, whereas L stands for Low floor).

They're very easy to tell apart as a B7L only has a 2/3 width rear window, a B7RLE has a full width rear window.

The B7TL (standing for 7 litre, Transverse engined, Low floor) is the double-decker chassis. This has a transverse (sidewards) mounted engine but there isn't any floor or seats above it because of the restrictive ceiling height in the lower saloon.

And so ends the tale of Volvo's B7 series (at least in the UK). EDIT: I forgot about the B7LA (where the A stands for articulated)
Erm, B7RLE's and B7L's are 2 different chassis'. The bus is on one or the other. Eclipse Metro's are B7L's while Eclipse Urban's are B7RLE's.
Thank you both for pointing that out :Park

What I meant to say is that the B7RLE is a low floor chassis or the B7L chassis with Eclipse bodywork. Which is what get is looking for. Rather than a B7TL ALX400 which doesn't look remotely similar.

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread